Complaint Review: Lance Campers

• Submitted: Thu, June 21, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, November 06, 2009

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Lance Campers
43120 Venture Street Lancaster, California U.S.A.

Lance Campers ..manufacturer plain rude, & ignored *REBUTTAL owner

*Consumer Comment: Lance Camper put to test as a rental unit!

*Consumer Comment: satisfied owner of a Lance Camper

*Consumer Comment: Lance, there for me years later!

*Consumer Comment: Timely, enthusiastic response from lance

*Consumer Comment: Untrue ..putting the customer in front of their bottom line

*Consumer Comment: Lance Manufacturer treated us right

*0: I am an owner of a lance camper

I was interested in one of the Lance Campers. I emailed them for some answers to questions I had about matching the camper to a truck.

For about a month, I received no response to my repeated emails. I finally got in touch with someone, and he was terse and rude. I asked for a supervisor and was eventually put in touch with the sales manager. He refused to assist me via email and ignored many of my emails. My requests to escalate the matter further were ignored.

I recommend not purchasing from this manufacturer. If they treat someone who wants to buy a camper in this fashion, how will they treat you after youve already made the purchase?

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Lance Campers

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lance-Campers/Lancaster-California/Lance-Campers-manufacturer-plain-rude-ignored-REBUTTAL-owner-5486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lance Campers

Lance Camper put to test as a rental unit!

AUTHOR: Damon Lehr - (United States of America)

Any company who has rented RV's for over 53 years like we have knows what brands hold up and what brands do not. I am not a Lance dealer. We have rented alot of different brands throughout the years to the public. When an RV is rented it is abused, damaged and worn out much faster than that of an average personally owned RV. We are forced to deal directly with the manufacturers, dealers and parts suppliers. Most of the time we need our repairs and parts rushed due to the nature of our buisness (before the next rental date). Lance campers are not only built very well their main company and most of the licenced dealers have really come through for us in times of crisis. I can't say enough to you about being a great company. You aren't going to go wrong dealing with them or their campers. They have 40%+ of the camper market for a good reason. The resale values are very high and they hold the most bids on auction as a rule. They not only impressed us with their super fast responses (directly via cell phones) in emails but they are nice and understanding. I'm not saying the claim isn't true I'm just telling you that I believe that there is a missing piece to the puzzle. I also believe that Lance will do whatever it takes to help right a wrong when it comes to customers. I wouldn't rent any other camper made today.

satisfied owner of a Lance Camper

AUTHOR: Joanne - (U.S.A.)

We have owned a Lance Camper for over 3 years.
We purchased it at Hill's RV in Yakima, and they have been superb in answering all of our questions and are very knowledgable.
We couldn't be more pleased with our camper. It is sad to hear that a bad encounter can spoil
someone's hope of owning a Lance.

Lance, there for me years later!

AUTHOR: Dany - (U.S.A.)

I would just like to add to the previous customer comments. I presently own a 1990 Lance model 980, and I have received nothing but great customer service from Lance. At one point I needed some info on my camper that I knew was in the original 1990 sales brochure (which I had since lost). They gladly copied the original sales brochure and at there cost mailed it to me my home address. They have been there when I have had questions and I know they will be there when I have more questions. Strongly disagree with the original complaint. I would recommend the purchase of a Lance camper to everyone I know. Dan Tana

Timely, enthusiastic response from lance

AUTHOR: Barry - (U.S.A.)

Any issue i've had with my lance camper has been handled quickly and to my satisfaction. they have sent me wiring diagrams when i was mounting a ceiling pod, and helped me thru an upgrade in my electrical systems as well as a modification for a new truck fit. I disagree wholeheartedly with the original comment. My 2c worth.

Untrue ..putting the customer in front of their bottom line

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

I to wanted to buy a Lance product. I contacted the manufacturer via E-Mail. Within hours I had a phone call from a reprentative who not only listened to my question, but asked more questions to try and fill my needs. After a 30 minute conversation (on their dime), the sales rep told me that Lance really didn't have what I was looking for, but suggested an alternative product from a major competitor of Lances, and gave me the address of a local retailer who had both products on the lot. That's putting the customer in front of their bottom line. My bottom line. If and when I go to buy a new rig, it will probably be a Lance.

Lance Manufacturer treated us right

AUTHOR: Dolores - ()

In February 1999 we ordered a new Lance Legend 930 model, we took delivery in March of 1999. It became apparent soon after that the camper had several defects in the quality of workmanship. We returned the camper several times to the dealer with little or no satisfaction.

After a year of frusteration we called Lance Manufacturing about our problems and within 3 weeks our camper was back in Lancaster, Ca. we drove down to Lancaster to get our camper even though they had said they would deliver it back to Oregon for us.

When we arrived we were treated very well and when we inspected the camper everything had been fixed. They even resealed all the seams on the outside of the camper and it was clean inside and out. We were very pleased with Lance and would buy another Lance camper without any reservations what so ever.

#7 0

I am an owner of a lance camper

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: [email protected]

Their name: gregory missman

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:

I think this is a little harsh. I am an owner of a lance camper and am extreemely satisfied with the company,craftsmanship and quality of Lance campers.