Complaint Review: Landau Jewlery Stores

• Updated: Fri, August 30, 2013

• Reported By: Tre — stamford Connecticut
Landau Jewlery Stores
Allentown, Pennsylvania USA

Landau Jewlery Stores BUYER BEWARE - ALL WARRANTIES NOT THE SAME Allentown Pennsylvania

Do not purchase from this company. Purchased a 14k gold ring with a CZ stone to wear every day as my "good" ring has too much sentimental value to loose. The CZ clouds over every few years, and the company offers a free lifetime guarantee of the stone. I went into one of the stores to have the ring sent back, and was told, to my amazement, that it now costs money to have the stone replaced.

Spoke to a very nasty woman in customer service who told me their policy had changed and now they were charging 50 to change a stone due to "the increase in the price of gold".  I told her I felt it was unfair as that wasn't the original warranty I was given, and I had never paid before.  I was told that I would have to leave a voicemail for the owner of the company, he would listen, decide in his sole judgment if the fee would be waived, and she would get back to me.  When I asked how long it would take to get back to me, I was told "eventually".

After not hearing back, I filed a complaint with PA BBB and after they made three attempts to reach the company, they finally got a response that basically said "The customer ABUSED the ring", "She arbitrarily wants the stone replaced".

First of all, how do you abuse a ring???? Second, NOBODY from the company, other than a very snotty sales associate, looked at the ring, and the sales associate said "yeah, it looks like it may have clouded over, but they'll take FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER to fix it, if at all".

Don't purchase anything from this company. If you google them, the list of complaints goes on and on.....and on and on......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Landau-Jewlery-Stores/Allentown-Pennsylvania/Landau-Jewlery-Stores-BUYER-BEWARE-ALL-WARRANTIES-NOT-THE-SAME-Allentown-Pennsylvania-1080508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Landau Jewlery Stores