Complaint Review: Landis Supply Of New Jersey

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 07, 2010

• Reported By:Flower Mound Texas
Landis Supply Of New Jersey
1590 N. Main Road Vineyard, New Jersey U.S.A.

Landis Supply Of New Jersey - Westminster Consumer Services Fraudulent Contest Winning Check ripoff Vineyard New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is not us!

I received a letter in the mail from Westminster Consumer Services that said I won $120,000 from a contest that I entered. What made the letter seem authentic was that enclosed with the letter was a check made out for $3,845.16 described to be used to pay state surcharges. The check seemed authentic with a business name of Landis Supply of New Jersey, Inc., so I called the number in the letter. The lady said someone would call me back within thirty minutes. In the mean time I googled Landis Supply of New Jersey, Inc. (the business name on the check) and sure enough it took me to "Ripoff Report" site and I read the report describing a similar scam by the same company.

Someone did call me back from Westminster Consumer Services and I told them that according to Ripoff Report this is a scam. They told me that someone would call me back, but they never did.

The next morning, I called the bank that was printed on the check to verify the check. The lady in customer service at the bank confirmed that the check was no good and that they had many calls complaining about the non-validity of the company printed on the check. She asked me to fax a copy of the letter and the check to her so that they could file it as they were already involved in investigating this fraud.

Terry
Flower Mound, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2007 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Landis-Supply-Of-New-Jersey/Vineyard-New-Jersey-08362-1353/Landis-Supply-Of-New-Jersey-Westminster-Consumer-Services-Fraudulent-Contest-Winning-Che-251135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Landis Supply Of New Jersey

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is not us!

AUTHOR: malzena - (United States of America)

Our company, Landis Supply of New Jersey has nothing to do with this scam. We are a small building company in New Jersey and we do business with a vinyl siding company in Canada. One of our checks, along with many other companies doing business in Canada, was intercepted by someone and stolen and the information copied off it to make this scam look real.

This is not us and we have received many calls from people who have received copies of our checks. These crooks made copies of our check and then added their own phone number to call them. We have reported this mess to the attorney general and have notified anyone that has received one of these bogus checks with our info on it, to turn it over to their local authorities.

Please do not try to cash these checks, since this is a scam. Please inform us if you receive any more checks with our company name on it since we turn them over to our attorney general. This has been a nightmare for our company and many others that have had their checks stolen. The Canadian postal service is also investigating these scams.