Complaint Review: Landmark Home Warranty

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Homeowner — Denton Texas
Landmark Home Warranty
Internet USA

Landmark Home Warranty Totally unprofessional----Incredibly frustrating and dissappointing Riverton Utah

*Author of original report: Home office was very courteous

I first used Landmark last July when I purchased a house. They sent me a nice welcome packet and gave me my certificate of warranty as well as a phone call and offers to upgrade my warranty. I had to use them to replace a garbage disposal, and I was pleasantly surprised by the promptness of the service! They sent Scout Plumbing out the next day, and the representative was quite frientdly

This April, however, I had entirely different experience. I chose Landmark again based on my previous experiences which were good. This time, I was completely shocked by the unprofessionalism, complete lack of customer service, and downright rudeness of Landmark and their chosen company, despite the fact that this was a higher grade warranty plan!!! To start off with, I had a clogged drain, and it took a week for a plummer to come out and repair it. Okay, it was just clogged sink. Well, last night, my hot water quit working. So, I called Landmark. After a run around of calls, I was told that plummer would come Thursday. I insisted that it was an emergency and the representative said that they would come today. Then, I got a confirmation call that I had an appointment Thursday!

I called back, and was told that the owner of their chosen Plummer, HTJ Global, would be coming out. I called him, Joel, who I highly doubt is the owner, to see when he would be coming. He was rude, saying that he did not know. I said that he could just give me a call when he was on his way. He insisted that he did not know when it would be and hung up on me! When he finally did arrive, things did not improve. I attempted to be polite, assuming that he was having a bad day, but he refused to shake my hand. The hot water heater problem, after a five minute inspection, turned out to be the fault of my gas company. After this 10 min consultation, I wrote Joel his $60 check, as he had made the service call. He immediately high fived his assistant and said "That was the easiest sixty dollars I ever made!". To be fair, the assistant was as shocked as I was! Joel is a complete embarasssment to society and his boorish behavior was inexcusable.

I will NEVER use Landmark Home Warranty again. And I will NEVER EVER use HTJ Global!!!

This was one of the most infuriating, upestting experiences of my entire homeowning experience! I own three houses and will never use them when I sell!  Landmark should treat all customers with more respect!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Landmark-Home-Warranty/internet/Landmark-Home-Warranty-Totally-unprofessional-Incredibly-frustrating-and-dissappointin-1142808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Landmark Home Warranty

Home office was very courteous

AUTHOR: Homeowner - ()

I want to update my report to say that Landmark's Home Office was very courteous. The day after I filed this report I informed the main office of the events that I listed here. They were extremely apologetic and refunded my $60, even though the $60 charge was not 'their fault'. They apologized. This mostly made up for my experience, but the behavior of Joel with HTJ Global is inexcusable, and Landmark would do well to find a better contractor. Landmark assured me that I will not have to use HTJ Global and that they do have another contractor.