Complaint Review: Lands End

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:St. Johns Michigan
Lands End
2 Lands' End Lane Dodgeville, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Lands End Substituted an inferior product for my purchase Dodgeville Wisconsin

I purchased a spice brown ribbed V-neck tee which weighs 6.4 ounces. I bought the wrong size. I tried to return it at the local Sears store and was unable to. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with Lands' End I was told to mail it to them and was told they would replace it with the correct size. Instead I received a check for less than I paid for the original shirt. I telephoned them and they told me the shirt was back ordered until August. I told them I'd wait until August, and I returned the check to them.

Two days ago I received the "replacement" shirt, the same color tee of an unacceptable quality, very inferior. This shirt is flimsy and weighs only 4.1 ounces. I called Lands' End today and was told that the shirt is a different style. (Okay, whose fault is this???) Then I was transferred two different times. I finally gave up. I am sick of this company's shenanigans in terms of substituting inferior products (this has happened before to me) and rendering such poor customer service that my time becomes more precious than the complaint.

Elizabeth
St. Johns, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lands-End/Dodgeville-Wisconsin-53595/Lands-End-Substituted-an-inferior-product-for-my-purchase-Dodgeville-Wisconsin-474761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lands End