Complaint Review: Laptop Outlet

• Reported By:Manassas Virginia
Laptop Outlet
Internet U.S.A.

Laptop Outlet blatant rip off Internet

-December 2003 Husband purchased laptop online.
-Email on 12/19/2003 from Garin Vartanian, Owner of laptop outlet confirmed completion of laptop
-It was delivered on 12/24/03
-Laptop was given as gift on Christmas and would not stay running.
-Husband Emailed on 1/2/04 to Garin Vartainian to ask if we needed to return the battery.
-Battery was returned AT OUR EXPENSE via UPS and was received on January 12, 2003
-Husband emailed Garin on Wednesday January 21st to inquire as to the status of the new battery
-Garin emailed back on 1/21 and said he had 5 batteries on stock and would mail one out that day.
-Battery was not received until February and did not work.
-I placed a call to the company and left a message in voicemail that the battery did not work, and needed a new one or a return call.
-I waited 2 weeks and no one called. I called back and was transferred several times. The gentleman I spoke with said that the battery must have been x-rayed in shipping and he would send a new one out right away.
-On March 3/3/04 I called back again to check the status of the shipment and conference husband in as a witness. We got no answer and left a message inquiring to the status of our battery.
-On March 11th, we had still not received a new battery. Husband emailed Garin and complained about the lack of customer service and the fact that the equipment problem had still not been resolved.
-Garin Phoned my husband the same day, and told him that he would call me and send out a restore cd and a battery and confirmed this by email.
-I never heard from him, so on March 12th I sent him and email, explaining the entire situation. I said I'm sure if you and I work closely together on this, we can get it resolved to everyone's satisfaction. As a business owner however, I want to advise you that you may want to review your policies on customer service issues, repair, and answering the phone and returning calls. Especially calls from a dissatisfied customer.
-His only response was an email on march 12th saying he sent out the battery and cd that day.
-Disk and battery were never received.
-Email of 3/29 asking the status was never returned.

We gave Garin every opportunity to resolve this situation. It is my opinion that he is not interested in resolving it. Several untruths have been told on Laptop outlets part. Saying that items were sent that weren't, not returning calls, making up stories about x-rays ruining batteries. Not ONCE in any email or conversation that I had with Laptop outlet did ANYONE ever apologize for any inconvenience, bad service or malfunctioning equipment. I would be EMBARRASED and APPLOGETIC if any of my employees failed to help a customer this way.

I am disappointed that my husband didn't do business with a local vendor. Companies like this will make people more reluctant to do e- commerce, which is a shame.

Rebeccca
Manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2004 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laptop-Outlet/internet/Laptop-Outlet-blatant-rip-off-Internet-124089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laptop Outlet