Complaint Review: Laptop Rescue

• Submitted: Tue, December 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: customer — United States of America
Laptop Rescue

Laptop Rescue laptoprescue.com returned my laptop without harddrive and some parts taken out. They stole parts! Internet

I sent my mac to them because I was having issues with it not reading the harddrive. I requested a diagnostics and a backup service (they charged me for an external harddrive for the back up).

They said the issue was a faulty RAM so I told them I'll pay for the diagnostics and will replace the RAM myself. When I got my macbook back, my hard drive was missing! Missing! 200 GB harddrive was just gone. And several screws and litte rubber padding parts that surround the harddrive were also missing. The sleep light wasn't working( this was fine before I sent the laptop). What the heck? The backup external harddrive was no where to be found, either. I got charged $103.50 for the freaking diagnostics and received a broken laptop.

I filed a complaint and they sent me a 50 GB external harddrive with NO backup. And they put in a harddrive in my mac that was like 100 GB and still none of my files were in it. Where did my harddrive go? What did they do with it? Who knows what else they did to my laptop? They did not answer my questions nor did they refund my money. LaptopRescue.com is a rip-off. They steal your parts when you send in your laptop. DO NOT use their service. It is a Scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2011 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laptop-Rescue/internet/Laptop-Rescue-laptoprescuecom-returned-my-laptop-without-harddrive-and-some-parts-taken-o-805480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laptop Rescue