Complaint Review: LaptopChick.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Ripped off in Richmond, VA — RIchmond Virginia United States of America
9900 Wilbur May Pkwy Apt 3204 Reno, Nevada United States of America

LaptopChick.com This is a scam. Avoid being ripped off. Reno, Nevada

Everything seemed ligit at first.  I got a quote for selling my old laptop.  Then I got a prepaid FedEx box to send back my laptop.  After sending back my laptop, I got an email indicating my laptop had been received.  Then I got an email indicating my check was being sent.  Then, after following up after no check had arrived, I got an email saying they had gotten very busy over Thanksgiving, but they would follow up immediately.  I played this game for several weeks, then I heard nothing.

I guess I should have noticed at first that their email address was a gmail.com address.

I've also checked with the Nevada State Corporation Commission, and they have no record that this company has ever filed to operate a business in Nevada.

Since I've had great success previously with online companies like Gazelle, I'm really pissed that these folks at LaptopChick.com scammed me.....and I'm going to do everything I can to report them to the authorities in Nevada and help prevent others from being ripped off like I have been.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LaptopChickcom/Reno-Nevada-89521/LaptopChickcom-This-is-a-scam-Avoid-being-ripped-off-Reno-Nevada-983266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LaptopChick.com