Complaint Review: Laptops For Less

• Updated: Tue, October 19, 2010

• Reported By: chdixon20 — Roy Utah United States of America
Laptops For Less
600 E Dallas Road #200 Grapevine, Texas United States of America

Laptops For Less Web site failed to proccess the purchase then they charged me double Grapevine, Texas

So I tired to purchase a projector lamp from the laptops for less (LFL) website but the purchase never completed correctly.  I then tried to call them (no answer first red flag) to make the purchase over the phone.  I then went and purchased the lamp somewhere else.  A day later I got an email from LFL saying that the lamps where back ordered and I needed call if I wanted to cancel my order.

I have to say I was a bit perplexed that I was charged at all.  I checked my bank account and they had charged me twice without even having the item in stock.  I immediately called them (got an answer this time) and and spoke with Amanda about having my card refunded.  She assured me that it would be refunded shortly and I took her at her word.

Two weeks had passed and still no refund.  I called (no answer this time) then I started the dispute process with my bank to get the amount charged back.  I then notified LFL by email that they still owed me money and I had started the dispute process.

This is when it got really funny Amanda sends me two conflicting stories about why my money hasn't been returned and threatens that they will only refund one of the charges even though they still haven't sent me any merchandise.  In one of the emails she claimed that my bank was holding the money and I would have to call them (I had already talked to my bank that morning).  Then she said that it was my fault that the website didn't work and they wouldn't be refunding the second charge.  Having already started the dispute process I sent them an additional dirty email and ended the conversation.

I'm guessing that they count on people not following up and demanding a refund so they can pocket the money.  After I sent the final email they sent me two emails confirming that they money has been refunded (same day).  I'm still extremely suspect about there intentions any why wouldn't I have received confirmation of the refund the first time that I spoke with Amanda.  Lets hope they actually refund my money but either way this company seems extremely shady....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2010 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laptops-For-Less/Grapevine-Texas-76051/Laptops-For-Less-Web-site-failed-to-proccess-the-purchase-then-they-charged-me-double-Gra-652941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laptops For Less