• Report: #203421

• Submitted: Fri, July 28, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 28, 2006

• Reported By:Provo Utah
Larry H Miller Auto Group - Lindon
544 S Lindon Park Drive Lindon, Utah U.S.A.

Larry H Miller Gas Voucher Scam Lindon, SLC, Murray, Etc. Ripoff Utah

So I get this mailer promising a free voucher for $100 in gasoline to the gas station of my choice for simply test driving a Lexus vehicle during a "Test Market". Being kinda consumer savy I did expect a catch so I called to find out all the details. I was told on the phone that I might have to at most fill out a survey after a test drive of a Lexus.

So I went down and they did give me a "voucher". Thats when I actually found out the catch. What is required to get your $100 in gas is that you must participate in third party companies "free" product/ software evaluation(s). However, to participate/receive anything, there was some sort of shipping and handling or processing fees that you would have to pay before you would get your gas card (usually ending up in the neighborhood of $130-$150). This was actually not a surprise to me at all, however, I re-contacted the General Manager of Larry H. Miller Lexus in Lindon to ask him if he knew that customrs would have to be paying more money out of pocket than they would actually be receiving. "Brad" was consistently avoiding a direct answer by reffering me to a completly separate deal in which my Mother received an actual $100 gas card, BUT, only because she actually bought a car, which had nothing to do with me or my "free $100 Gas Voucher". I am still awaiting to speak with someone in there corporate office on this.

Bill
Provo, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2006 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-H-Miller-Auto-Group-Lindon/Lindon-Utah-84058/Larry-H-Miller-Gas-Voucher-Scam-Lindon-SLC-Murray-Etc-Ripoff-Utah-203421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry H Miller Auto Group - Lindon