receives

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:SLC Utah
Larry H Miller Honda In Murray
4646 S State St Murray, Utah U.S.A.

Larry H Miller Honda In Murray lying to consumers, fraud, cheating people out of their money Murray Utah

*Consumer Comment: Joslyn dodged a bullet

*Consumer Comment: Debt solution!

*Consumer Comment: Car dealerships typically pack a deal when sending it to a bank.

*Author of original report: Shady unprofessionals

*Consumer Comment: LHM

*UPDATE Employee: That is not the way we do business

I "bought" a used 2007 Nissan Versa from this dealership at one of their big blowout sales. I signed the papers and picked up the car on Sat Feb 23,2008. They took the car back on March 4th. I was told I had been approved by Larry's bank, Prestige Financial and I put $2200 down. Well one of the guidelines set by the bank is that you can not have had more than 2 jobs in the past 2 years. They knew that I had a few different places I worked for(temp agencies) and let me take the car anyway. They did not originally tell me that I would not be approved if I had more than 2 jobs; I found that out the night they took my car. The salesman Ben Blue had me drive to the dealership to find out the status of the loan knowing all along he would take the car back but didnt tell me. I know I have to pay 36 cents per mile on the car if the car is returned but he also said I would have to pay a detailing fee which would be about $150 extra if not more. I only had this car for a week and a half. My down payment wont be released to me until they take out what I "owe" them. The night they took the car they then tried to sell me a 2002 pontiac grand am before I left. I refused to sign for it.

It is wrong to give someone a car and let them get insurance on it just to take it back if the deal doesn't go through. I now have to try to rent a car to get to work tomorrow so I dont lose my damn job. My loan was for 12 grand with a 27% interest for 5 years. They took advantage of a 23 yr old woman in need of a car. The reason for the denial in the first place was bullshit. These people are liars and very fu***n pathetic and lie to your face while smiling. Don't they all. These goons actually looked like they were lying as they were lying. DO NOT EVER BUY A CAR FROM FAT UGLY PIG LARRY H MILLER AND HIS SHADY SALESMEN!! RUN AWAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK

Joslyn
SLC, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2008 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-H-Miller-Honda-In-Murray/Murray-Utah/Larry-H-Miller-Honda-In-Murray-lying-to-consumers-fraud-cheating-people-out-of-their-mon-314831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry H Miller Honda In Murray

Joslyn dodged a bullet

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

She got off cheap. Paying 27% interest on a $12K car loan is just stupid. The total would come to about $22,000 over 5 yrs.

If you have bad credit and are in a financial hole, one way to dig that hole even deeper is to saddle yourself with that kind of a crazy interest rate. You might as well flush your money down the toilet.

Debt solution!

AUTHOR: Sancho - (U.S.A.)

If you paid your bills on time and had good credit you wouldn't have to deal with that. And you wouldn't have to buy a nissan! It's not the banks fault, it's your own fault for not paying your bills on time! If you paid them on time you would be rolling in a brand new BMW with the same payment as a nissan! good credit equals 3% interest bad equals 27% I wouldn't loan you a dollar if they can't sell you a car! Give the dealership a break, You don't think they wanted to sell you that car?

Car dealerships typically pack a deal when sending it to a bank.

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I am on your side!

Car dealerships typically pack a deal when sending it to a bank. You will be told one percentage rate, the bank another. The dealership then gets the difference. So you're right about a dealership losing money on a deal. It is pure B.S.

IF you do finance through a dealership, go to the bank or CU and ask to see the contract. Compare the interest rate you are being charged to the one the bank got told by the dealership. Nine times out of ten the bank was told a different (higher) rate. This is called "fraud". And it will piss off the bank something fierce.

This is a good way to get the dealership black listed so they won't be able to use the bank or credit union to get any more loans.

Ciao!

Shady unprofessionals

AUTHOR: Joslyn - (U.S.A.)

Regardless of any rebuttal to my post, everything I said is true and consumers know better so good try with that one. I received great customer service when showing interest in a car(duh) and horrible service and attitude upon returning car and informing these losers of wanting my deposit back. One other loser there told me I couldn't drive car home that night and return it the next day because they had to send it to another dealer, BULLS**T! They just wanted to get it back on the lot or to someone else they promised it to. He actually was annoyed that I even wanted to drive it home. Umm how about because I had no way to work the next day fat ass(letting me know in advance would have allowed me to make other arrangements you inbred). The finance manager Justin was a real arrogant asshole who needs to have his face smashed in for trying to belittle a customer. Apparently my calling to ask questions was interrupting him from ripping off other buyers. He actually tried to make me believe that they were not making any money from the sale of that Versa since they lowered the price SOOOOO MUCH!! haha, right. How pathetic. Ben Blue is the funniest salesman you'll ever meet, a complete joke that guy is. Ugly loser told me it was my fault I didn't get the car due to lying on app but he really inflated my info to sell the car to make $$ and then tried to save his ass by blaming me when things didn't work out. CLASSIC!!!
Making more $$$ than u deserve via ripoff: check
Being an asshole while on a powertrip: check
Conclusion: Life in the car sales biz must be wonderful.

No rebuttal neccessary, my account is accurate.

LHM

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

What happened to you is called "spot delievery" and it's a scam. You are allowed to leave the lot with a car but the financing isn't approved. This is negligence on the dealers part for letting this happen.

You should have just told LHM to stick it. You signed the paperwork and the title and insurance are in your name. If they threaten to report the car as stolen let them. The cops are going to be scratching their heads when you get pulled over and they realize that the person driving the car is the person who owns it. So how could it be stolen, right?

You own the car subject to making the payments only. If the dealership doesn't get the financing that is their problem not yours. If your credit was good enough to let you take the car then why wasn't it good enough to get financed? Of course, the best way to avoid all of this heart burn is to get financing in advance from your bank or credit union before going car shopping. NEVER finance through the dealership unless it's your only option.

Dealerships also know within five minutes whether or not they can get you financed and at what rate. There is no need to sit for hours in a dealership waiting for them to finalize the deal. If you can't be in and out of there in an hour, go somewhere else who actually values your time.

Don't let dealerships dictate the deal. YOU are in charge, not them. If anything smells fishy you have the option of walking away.

Cheers!

That is not the way we do business

AUTHOR: Lhm Honda - (U.S.A.)

Let me first apologize for any heartache you have been through. We only make money if we are able to complete a car sale. Selling a car and taking the vehicle back is not good for either party. When we are dealing someone who has had some credit challenges we are at the mercy of the lenders. The interest rate is set by the lender and based on credit risk. All the information that is provided by the customer is verfied by the lenders, if anything does not check out, whether it be income, job time, etc the lender will no longer provide financing. When this takes place it is as frustrating for the dealership as it is for the customer. We do not enjoy getting vehicles back as it only costs us money. It does happen that a lender will approve a deal upfront however when the verify the information provided by the customer, if anything is different they will decline the funding of the loan.

Knowing this we do not knowly submit incorrect information to the lenders as they would find out the correct information during verification. All customers sign a credit application stating the information is correct and other documents agreeing to terms including the understanding in the event the financing does not go through the customer will be responsible for any damage to the vehicle and mileage charges. The law allows us to charge the amount the IRS uses for mileage, which is currently 50.5 cents per mile.

It appears in this case we chose to charge less then we are allowed for the mileage. If another vehicle was presented to purchase, based on the verified information, the lender or a different lender might have been willing to lend less money, which would result in a less expense vehicle. We are again sorry as to the way things turned out. Remember it does help us to not sell a vehicle. We receive no pride or joy from selling a vehicle and taking it back a week later, it only costs us time and money. I hope this helps to answer any of your questions.