Complaint Review: Larry H. Miller Honda

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
Larry H. Miller Honda
4646 South State Street Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Larry H. Miller Honda These people will steal your money, don't get your car fixed here!!! Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Honda is working with me

I took my Honda into Larry H. Miller on Friday the 6th, 2009 because it was overheating. A full diagnostic test was done and I was told that it needed a new water pump. I paid $500.00 for a new water pump and a timing belt, which was going to be due within the next year or so. I was informed that everything else with the car was fine, and I went on my way. Exactly one week later, my car started overheating again. I took it back in on Friday the 13th. I was told that the radiator cap was loose and they replaced the radiator cap. Two days later my car began overheating again.

It is now Monday, February 16th, and once again I am taking my car back today, and will continue to do so until they fix it and then I am pursuing this legally. They should have know exactly what was wrong when the did the diagnostic, yet they soaked me for more money and are making it so that I have to keep bringing my car back in every other day. This place is great to get your car serviced, but do not do anything beyond that or I promise you will get ripped off.

Laurie
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-H-Miller-Honda/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84102/Larry-H-Miller-Honda-These-people-will-steal-your-money-dont-get-your-car-fixed-here-424648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry H. Miller Honda

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Steve Duran at Honda has been going out of his way to work with me, due to the fact that I have a crack in the engine and the mechanic that had been working on my car had a difficult time figuring this out. Steve has been really good about getting a different mechanic on the car, and then they were able to detect what was wrong. He has given me a huge discount and apologized over and over. This is no fault of Steve's, he only receives feedback from the mechanic working on the car, and it is not Steve's fault that the mechanic kept misinforming him as to what was wrong with my car. In my own opinion, the mechanic should have known something was wrong with the engine during diagnostic, but apparently this did not happen, and the engine may have cracked from the time that the mechanic misdiagnosed my car the first time. If anyone should be reprimanded in this case it should be the mechanic, not Steve Duran. It was Steve that finally took it upon himself to put someone else on the car, and to find out himself what was wrong with it. That is what is called "going the extra mile." Steve Duran should be commended.