Complaint Review: Larry H. Miller Used Car Supermarket

• Submitted: Tue, January 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Layton Utah
Larry H. Miller Used Car Supermarket
Auto Mall Dr. Sandy, Utah U.S.A.

Larry H. Miller Used Car Supermarket Larry H. Miller Used Car Supermarket Rip Off Dealers Sandy Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Huh?

*Consumer Comment: Buyers Remorse?

I made my first stop in search of a 06' black tacoma at the used car supermarket. Well there guy searched all of Larry H. Millers lots and finally found one. I told the dealer that I wanted to shop around more, but being the way they are he just wouldn't let me out the door. He eventually got me to buy.

I got home and immediatly searched autotrader.com to see how bad I got ripped off. And well I found the exact same truck same vin# for $2,200 cheaper than what I bought it for. I'm pissed as hell about this. I've been contacted them, and the man i've been talking to says he's trying real hard to convince the boss man. And well the boss man can go to hell if he isn't going to cough it up.

Stay away from any of larry h. millers car lots.

Headspace
Layton, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-H-Miller-Used-Car-Supermarket/Sandy-Utah/Larry-H-Miller-Used-Car-Supermarket-Larry-H-Miller-Used-Car-Supermarket-Rip-Off-Dealers-414177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry H. Miller Used Car Supermarket

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Huh?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""I told the dealer that I wanted to shop around more, but being the way they are he just wouldn't let me out the door. He eventually got me to buy.""

Please explain how they prevented you from leaving. After that, please explain how they FORCED you to sign a purchase agreement.

""I got home and immediatly searched autotrader.com to see how bad I got ripped off. And well I found the exact same truck same vin# for $2,200 cheaper than what I bought it for. I'm pissed as hell about this.""

The EXACT SAME VIN # ? How can that be? Did they have the truck you purchased listed on autotrader?

Autotrader is not a reliable gauge of the value of the truck you purchased. You should use, NADA, Kelly Blue book, or Edmunds to look up the RETAIL value of your truck, including optional equipment, milage, etc., and compare that to what you paid to purchase your truck.

Buyers Remorse?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You had the Year and Model of the truck you were looking for. Why didn't you do research on the price BEFORE you started looking.

Since they wouldn't let you leave until you made a deal, how big was the gun that they were holding to your head?