Complaint Review: Larry Hoffman, Folding Chairs & Tables; Chairs & Tables Direct; Global Event Supply; 1ALLCHA

• Submitted: Sun, August 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By:Roseburg Oregon
18375 Ventura Blvd., #624 Tarzana, California U.S.A.

Larry Hoffman, Folding Chairs & Tables; Chairs & Tables Direct; Global Event Supply; 1ALLCHAIRS; ... Takes Money, Does Not Deliver Chairs & Still Operating Business Tarzana California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Refunded 100% Cost to Customer - Bank Charge Back

On July 21, 2008, I contacted Folding Chairs and Tables, dba, Chairs and Tables Direct; aka, 1ALLCHAIRS; aka 1Stackable Chairs; aka, Global Event Supply. After being promised a speedy delivery, I placed an order with Larry Hoffman for 300 chairs and 6 chair carts. Upon paying the sum of $6,115.00, Mr. Hoffman advised that he would contact me the following day with the shipping tracking number.

When I did not hear from Mr. Hoffman, on July 29, 2008, I left a message advising him that I needed the chairs ASAP, as my new business was opening in approximately one week. On August 4, 2008, Mr. Hoffman again promised to call the next day with the shipping tracking number. When Mr. Hoffman did not reply two days later, I requested that he cancel my order.

Mr. Hoffman agreed to credit my account first thing in the morning. Of course, I did not receive the credit and needed to contact my bank for help. My bank did a charge back and looked into the matter. In my opinion, had I not been able to perform the charge back, I would be out $6,100.00 today.

I find it astounding that he has not changed his name or the company name and is still doing business and the same thing to others.

Joy
Roseburg, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2009 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-Hoffman-Folding-Chairs-Tables-Chairs-Tables-Direct-Global-Event-Supply-1ALLCHA/Tarzana-California-91356/Larry-Hoffman-Folding-Chairs-Tables-Chairs-Tables-Direct-Global-Event-Supply-1ALLC-475818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry Hoffman, Folding Chairs & Tables; Chairs & Tables Direct; Global Event Supply; 1ALLCHA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Refunded 100% Cost to Customer - Bank Charge Back

AUTHOR: Larry Hoffman - (USA)

Not quite sure what the FRAUD is if the customer was paid back in FULL by
her bank. We informed the customer that we would issue a charge refund.
Agan, The customer was PAID BACK IN FULL by her bank. Not sure why