• Report: #620843

• Updated: Tue, July 06, 2010

• Reported By: adamf663 — Scottsdale Arizona USA
Larry Kurtley
mobile auto repair Mesa, Arizona United States of America

Larry Kurtley First Choice Mobile Mechanic comes to your home or workplace but doesn't stand behind work Mesa, Arizona

Larry Kurtley is a mechanic who now operates a mobile business.  I heard of him through a neighbor who is an auto broker who has used Larry in the past.  He'll come to your home or workplace and work right out of the parking lot or driveway.

Larry says he uses NAPA parts exclusively.  However he charges dealer prices;  his markup is about 50%.  I was charged about $971 for $615 worth of parts.  He tried to tell me that the local NAPA dealer was charging him those prices.  I finally figured out that he is charging "list" prices, and saying that is what the parts cost him.

However the larger problem is if there are any problems discovered afterwards.  I had him replace a timing belt, waterpump, hoses, belts, and struts.

When I got the car back, I discovered a creaking noise in the front that sounded like a broken sway bar mount.  He came by the next day and said it was a worn out spring retaining ring.  The back seat belt is also trapped under the seat and the seat will have to be pulled to free it.

He said he ordered the replacements parts and that they'd be in in a few days.  I had to go out of town.  Upon returning the following week, I was told the same day, but the following week (thursday).  Scheduled replacement for friday afternoon.  He never showed up.  Scheduled for Monday.  Again he didn't show up.  Got in touch with him Wednesday and he said he was running late and would come thursday afternoon.  He didn't.  Rescheduled for Monday;  again he didn't show up.  Called wednesday and he said he was making his way to my side of town.  But he didn't.  Scheduled a morning pickup of car, and again he didn't show up.  Took six calls to get him to answer it;  he said he'd come in the afternoon and again didn't show up.  I've now given up on him.

I'm taking it elsewhere and I'll have to try and sue him to get reimbursed for the expense.

I'm posting this in hope that anybody thinking of doing business with him might be warned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-Kurtley/Mesa-Arizona-85201/Larry-Kurtley-First-Choice-Mobile-Mechanic-comes-to-your-home-or-workplace-but-doesnt-sta-620843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry Kurtley