Complaint Review: Larry Miller Toyota of Colorado Springs

• Updated: Tue, October 19, 2010

• Reported By: Jeff — Colorado Springs United States of America
Larry Miller Toyota of Colorado Springs
1323 Motor City Drive Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Larry Miller Toyota of Colorado Springs $1300 to fix a rubber gasket!!! Colorado Springs, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: JEFF, YOU CAN....

I recently took my 4Runner in for service to Toyota of Colorado Springs. My warranty had expired but I had purchased an extended warranty that was still in effect. My problem was a simple one, an out of place rubber gasket around my sunroof. When I took my car in for service I was upset to be informed that the gasket was not covered by the extended warranty. When I originally purchased the extended warranty I was specifically told that it extended the original warranty. I was now told that this was not the case. When they looked up the person that sold me the extended warranty it turned out that he no longer worked there. While I was upset about this the problem was only a bad gasket and I thought it wouldn't cost very much so I told them to go ahead and give me an estimate. I was told that there was $100 charge to assess my problem and produce the estimate but that it would be waived when I paid for the repair. It couldn't cost much so I told them to go ahead.  I was shocked to find out that the charge to fix the bad gasket was going to be about $1300! After arguing with them they were willing to reduce it by $150. I paid the $100 and took my car back without having the work done. I'm not sure why I had to pay $100 to assess a problem that I thoroughly describe to them when I brought my car in. I then took my car to a local repair shop that fixed the problem for $50!

Needless to say, I was extremely upset with the local Toyota dealer. I will never buy another Toyota from them and I will certainly never buy another extended warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2010 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-Miller-Toyota-of-Colorado-Springs/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80905/Larry-Miller-Toyota-of-Colorado-Springs-1300-to-fix-a-rubber-gasket-Colorado-Springs-652653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry Miller Toyota of Colorado Springs

JEFF, YOU CAN....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

'Google' this- YOUTUBE MERCEDES BENZ DEALERSHIP TRIES TO RIP SOMEBODY OFF FOR $6500, and watch how a Mercedes dealership attempted to charge $6,500 for a sunroof repair that wasn't necessary.

*It's just further proof that the U.S. economy has its foundation solidly built on LIES, DECEPTION, FRAUD, GREED, MANIPULATION, TRICKERY, & the CONSTANT PURSUIT TO FINANCIALLY INJURE THE INNOCENT PEOPLE LIVING IN AMERICA.

Good luck to you.