Complaint Review: Las Vegas Choppers - Marc Brittan

• Updated: Wed, November 03, 2010

• Reported By: DGCFSU — Cape Coral Florida United States of America
Las Vegas Choppers - Marc Brittan
4956 Paradise Road Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Las Vegas Choppers - Marc Brittan Inet Motors Internet Sale Gone Bad Las Vegas, Nevada

*Author of original report: Update on the Orginal Report

*Consumer Comment: Yes...you may have been ripped off..

I purchased a chopper motorcycle from Las Vegas Choppers on October 6th, and wired transferred them the purchase of my motorcycle including shipment from their shop to my home.  To date I have not received my motorcycle, and I'm frustrated and worried that I may never see my money or motorcycle.  I contacted STI the shipment company that is scheduled to pick up my motorcycle and they have stated that they have a contract number to pick up the motorcycle on Monday, but I'm skeptical since I have not received the same confirmation or indication from Las Vegas Choppers.  I have my fingers crossed and will wait until Monday, to get confirmation of shipment, and hopefully it is the same bike I ordered on the internet.  We will see.  The morale of this story.  It is better to touch and feel, and try, before you purchase.  I will never do another internet sale transaction again, especially a motorcycle or car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2010 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Las-Vegas-Choppers-Marc-Brittan/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89119/Las-Vegas-Choppers-Marc-Brittan-Inet-Motors-Internet-Sale-Gone-Bad-Las-Vegas-Nevada-651653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Las Vegas Choppers - Marc Brittan

Update on the Orginal Report

AUTHOR: DGCFSU - (United States of America)

I was ableto get my money back from Las Vegas Choppers, so all is well.  They handled my refund amicably and professionally.  I just completed a purchase of a 2007 Big Bear Devil's Advocate on ebay, and the transaction went smoothly.  I'm a happy camper now.

Yes...you may have been ripped off..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

...but you seem to be blaming "online"..and not the scammers who are conducting the scams, or yourself for making a majorly bad judgment call and personal decision..

I have been buying and selling online and have seldom had a problem. The only time I have had problems..is when I ordered from a company without investigating. Fortunately I used PayPal and was able to have the charges reversed..but either way the internet if anything has made shopping safer. How do you ask? Well I say this because we have so much information available in seconds (which we did not have in the days of mail order), that there really is no excuse other then poor judgment if we get ripped off online.

For example..lets use this report.

A company called "Las Vegas Choppers". Right off the bat I get chills down my spine because the company used Las Vegas in the name..a well known place this day and age..if not number one (other then Utah) as the home of internet scams.

So..lets investigate..

First a trip to the website..and click "contact"..an 800 number and some google map with an address.."

Las Vegas, NV 89118

Seems this address does not match up with the one you left...So already the site is EXTREMELY suspect as the address is for Lord knows who????. Selling and renting and leasing choppers and they do not even list an accurate address? No red lights come on here?

Then...if we are still dumb enough to consider using this place for anything...lets do a quick BBB check for the company...

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB rating of F.

Reasons for this rating include:
   Length of time business has been operating.
   Failure to respond to complaints filed against this business.
   Number of complaints filed against this business that were not resolved.

So if ANYTHING, the internet was able to in SECONDS..provide us with enough data to sufficiently warn us this company is in serious question. There are THOUSANDS of complaints lodged on this site and others regarding getting ripped off even when you were physically at the dealership and purchased the motor vehicle..so why not use the internet to your advantage before buying anything instead of blaming it for your lack of good judgment and thought process to investigate before sending a dime to anyone?