Complaint Review: Las Vegas Frenchies

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Paul B — Leesburg Virginia United States of America
Las Vegas Frenchies

Las Vegas Frenchies Kristen Dawson Kristen of Las Vegas Frenchies kept my $500 deposit after she promised it was being returned! Internet

I actually have 2 issues with Kristen and Las Vegas Frenchies.

We bought 1 dog from her in 2010. The transaction initially went fine - but we never received our AKC papers. We didn't honestly remember until we saw a report here on Ripoff Report. Then, after checking, we realized we never received any AKC papers on our dog. This is clearly a case of Las Vegas Frenchies NOT living up to their sales contract.

However, what really caused me to write this and file this is Kristen and her company, Las Vegas Frenchies, keeping a $500 deposit I left her back in May, 2011. The situation is as follows: I happened to be in Las Vegas during May, 2011 and decided to go see where my first dog had come from. My wife and I were also considering purchasing a second French Bulldog. I met Kristen at her home, met some of the dogs she was breeding and decided to leave a $500 refundable deposit. I did not immediately get a contract, but was not concerned as I had already purchased a dog from her prior.

Within a few weeks, we decided NOT to move forward with the purchase from Las Vegas Frenchies and I emailed Kristen and called her to let her know I would be asking for our deposit back. She assured me it would be no problem and the refund would be sent out shortly. After not receiving it for about 2 weeks, I again emailed Kristen and then called and was told she needed to get the money out of some account or investment and that was the reason for the delay.

To this date, I have followed up with more calls and emails, and sent her the email proof that said she would send us our money back - and now I cannot even get a response.

Bottom line, she has kept our $500 deposit, broken the verbal contract we had and gone against her own word to me in email and on the phone.

If it were not for the fact that Nevada is a long way from where I live, I would definitely pursue this matter legally, in Small Claims court.

My Advice: DO NOT do business with Kristen and Las Vegas Frenchies. Our experiences - both in not receiving the AKC documents for the first dog and not receiving our refund on the second transaction serve as a constant reminder of what a bad buying experience looks like. If someone can help me with a straight-forward way to remedy either of these situations, I would be most grateful!

Thank you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Las-Vegas-Frenchies/internet/Las-Vegas-Frenchies-Kristen-Dawson-Kristen-of-Las-Vegas-Frenchies-kept-my-500-deposit-aft-956293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Las Vegas Frenchies