Complaint Review: Las Vegas, Nevada Actionable Award Program, LVAAP

• Submitted: Thu, December 01, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2005

• Reported By:SLC Utah
Las Vegas, Nevada Actionable Award Program, LVAAP
PO BOX 98855 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Las Vegas, Nevada Actionable Award Program, LVAAP I was notified by official looking mail that I had won $3,341,006. My hope and faith in the world have been hurt and insulted Las Vegas Nevada

I recived a letter saying that I was officially
sworn to secrecy-absolutely confidential. It said "This is a day you may remember for the rest of your life". Also said I had won a confirmed prize over $3,341,006.00. It had no contact # just a pre-paid envelope to enclose a report-release fee of $20 to send to LVAAP.

It looked very legal and elite as if it were a certificate exclusively sent to a contest or sweepstakes winner. I have entered contests like Publishers Clearinghouse on the internet and been contacted by telemarketers to supposedly continue my eligibility for the contests. I wonder if perhaps the information from one of these sweepstakes was stolen to aid in this scam.

I nearly sent the $20 just because I hoped bad enough that the whole thing was legitimate. But I did a search on the internet first and found that the identical prize letter with the same amount won had been sent to many other people also.

I just feel like people are being toyed with. Whoever is sending out these prize notifications cannot be taken seriously based on the lack of concrete info given about themselves in the letter-- along with the over-emphasized inportance of "TELL NOBODY!".

But then again who actually KNOWS if this is a scam if none of the other rip-off reporters went forward with claiming their prize either? Afterall, we've all broke the secrecy and forfeited the said prize... (At least that's what I gathered from the few other reports I read.)

Really my only beef to report on this is that my hopes were raised and my trusting nature and faith in others had to be questioned. And I don't like it that good, pure optimism and other positive principles are forced to be guarded and practiced with hesitance.

SLC, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2005 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Las-Vegas-Nevada-Actionable-Award-Program-LVAAP/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89195-0434/Las-Vegas-Nevada-Actionable-Award-Program-LVAAP-I-was-notified-by-official-looking-mail-166596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Las Vegas, Nevada Actionable Award Program, LVAAP