Complaint Review: Las Vegas School of Dance & Music

• Reported By: kelly — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Las Vegas School of Dance & Music
8665 W. Flamingo Rd. #110 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Las Vegas School of Dance & Music Tuition Rip off! Las Vegas, Nevada

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH THIS "Rip-off"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The truth

This school is a rip off! They insist on automatically withdrawing your child's tuitions from your account every month. So I did, then had to cancel after I lost my job. It kept withdrawing anyways for 3 more months! I complained to the owner who doesn't seem to know anything, and she promised to fix it. Sure enough it happened again! This place is terrible, teachers don't seem to teach well either. I took my daughter to another nearby dance school after I found another job and noticed right away a big difference in professionalism!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2011 01:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Las-Vegas-School-of-Dance-Music/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89147/Las-Vegas-School-of-Dance-Music-Tuition-Rip-off-Las-Vegas-Nevada-685412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Las Vegas School of Dance & Music

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH THIS "Rip-off"

AUTHOR: Passionate Peacemaker - ()

As a former manager at Las Vegas School of Dance and Music, as well as an instructor and also student in some cases (well at least my family members), I personally WROTE the policy forms and RECALL EVERY SINGLE TIME when a new student arrived, going over ALL POLICIES to the parent or registree. It is VERY understood as a place of business and by the company choosing their OWN policies, why there is an automatic withdrawal. You are PAYING for their services. This is the way you agree that you will not rip them off, but people DO DO THAT.

Yes I have experienced this type of complaint before, BUT ALWAYS was it first out of anger and frustration (an emotion) rather than facts. Just by reading this remark, it sounds like a lot of hostile emotions boiling up for the fact that this situation wasn't "handled" the way the customer would have liked. It sounds more so of a personal attack instead of factual details.

I only say that too, because of my OWN personal experiences working at Las Vegas School of Dance and Music. Immediately when someone is ineliegible to pay, they must COME IN to the office, and SIGN a cancellation policy. If there is NO SIGNATURE, you can't take it off the automatic payments regardless if they call the office and state it. It is company policy that they MUST instruct the payee to COME INTO the building and sign a policy form. OR even if its faxed, emailed, it needs to be SIGNED.

PLUS! After 2 non-shows of class attendance by the student, the management AUTOMATICALLY follows-up with the family to resolve any conflict. That is by phone, email or any other source of contact. There are letters sent about this information. In fact you receive A COPY of the contract at inital sign-up. The communication levels at Las Vegas School of Dance and Music are taken very seriously and I have personally seen where it CAN be a lack of involvment or cooperation from the family. Not saying it is an always, but we just need to take emotional attacks out of the picture when we are making observations.

As a co-creator in the beginnning stages of Las Vegas School of Dance and Music, the foundation was built with ONLY one thought in mind: LOVE. Las Vegas School of Dance and Music has a different atmosphere, very family-orientated. They are VERY selective at picking instructors and staff that can host that energy of LOVE. If not, the whole studio suffers and that's a mission they take very seriously.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The truth

AUTHOR: Studio Management - (United States of America)

We at Las Vegas School of Dance & Music do only collect tuition as automatic payment. We do have a 30 day cancellation policy. We have never charged anyone beyond the 30 day notice given. We take our students and their parents seriously and have always had compassion towards our families and their situations. We have no record of any family ever bringing this issue to our attention, had they done so then something would've been done to help this family. Our studio takes pride in building confidence and passion in our students and would never take advantage of any family or take any family for granted. We also, have continued evaluations and training for all of our qualifid teachers and they take their jobs very seriously.