Complaint Review: Lasher Dodge

• Submitted: Tue, June 05, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, June 05, 2001

• Reported By:sacramento ca
Lasher Dodge
5800 Florin rd. Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Lasher Dodge Dodge shadow service contract rip-off, now they want more money. bogus warranty

*0:

I bought a 93' Dodge Shadow at Lasher Dodge on Florin rd. in Sacramento,Ca. for a total of $7726.20. This amount included a service contract that I purchased for $1380.00. I've had this car since January 19,2001. Since then, I've had many problems.

First, the power steering went out. Then it started running hot. They found the head cracked and said the had gasket had blown. For this, I paid $1664.64. This was supposed to have been covered under my rather expensive warranty, however they gave me two different stories as to why it was not.

Then I called the service department and talked to "shannon" I was told to "bring it on out" I informed her that my boyfriend would be driving it out. At no time was I told not to do this. A few days later I was informed by Gail Baune that I had "voided my warranty" and I would have to pay. I then called Kit Kinnie (the general manager of lasher dodge) who told me the same, and added that "this is what comes with owning a car".

Later that afternoon, Gail called me back and said that "it's not that I voided the warranty, rather that my warranty just did not cover my problems.

So, I called the warranty company, "Interstate Star Care" where I purchased their 550 plan. I asked them why they were not going to cover this when Seals and gaskets was included in my plan, they informed me that this particular item was "optional".

I reviewed my service contract and found nothing indicating that i did not have "optional". I went to the dealership to find out exactly what whould have had to have been done to get this "optional" and after much trouble, I was finally told that it would have costed and extra $50. However I was told I had purchased the entire 550 plan. Reluctantly, i paid their amount on 5/15/01 only to discover a few weeks later that the temperature gage was broken, and again, I would have to pay. What is my service contract for?

I went to Lasher because I needed a dependable vehicle and needed help from someone I thought I could trust. This man was Kit Kinnie who I grew up with because he was married to my aunt. I was treated like familly and was told I'd be given the best deal on everything and I had nothing to worry about. I am nine months pregnant and this was my first vehicle I've purchased, obviously I trusted the wrong person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lasher-Dodge/Sacramento-California-95823/Lasher-Dodge-Dodge-shadow-service-contract-rip-off-now-they-want-more-money-bogus-warra-5357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lasher Dodge

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK!!!