farmers

• Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: FightergainstFraudsters — Ottawa Ontario
Lasik MD
407 Laurier Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Lasik MD Misleading Finance Advertising. This company advertises nothing down and no payments for one year, 0 % interest and that they are in fact COMMITTED to everyone receiving corrected vision. Ottawa, Ontario Canada

I went for my free consultation where I explained that I had been working abroad and have only returned to Canada within the last year. I posed the question if this would affect their financing offer. "Not at all" they brightly chirped. They scheduled me for the surgery where my husband and I took days off to attend. On that day they ran me through a credit application with Dejardins who declined me with the only reason being that my credit history was not long enough (one year), despite the fact that I am employed full-time and the monthly income was 6000.00!

Incidentally the credit application indicated the interest rate at 8.9 %. Consequently Lasik MD employs misleading advertising gimmicks just to get people through the door. The rates were significantly higher than their advertised $490.00 per eye. In fact my total came to 4400.00 for the procedure. I was extremely disappointed, had to find my own way home with a -6.00 prescription and my husband had stepped out of the clinic as he had been told that my surgery would take three hours.They are not committed to human -beings only to their own wallet. I will not be coming back here again and will find something abroad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lasik-MD/Ottawa-Ontario-/Lasik-MD-Misleading-Finance-Advertising-This-company-advertises-nothing-down-and-no-paym-1045895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lasik MD