Complaint Review: Lasting Impressions Ceremonies

• Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: jmint — clearwater Florida United States of America
Lasting Impressions Ceremonies
clearwater, Florida United States of America

Lasting Impressions Ceremonies Katherine Miller-Collins Left at the alter with no money, cake, decorations, or minister. clearwater, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Cancelled Contracts are Non-Refundable

In January of 2013 I canceled a contract of a Katherine Miller-Collins of Lasting Impressions Ceremonies who is also a Minister took $750 (over half of the total contracted fee) deposit for a wedding. to include flowers, decorations, cake, photographer, and officant services as stated in contract. The planner lost photographers 3 times and in addition began to send hostile e-mails and text messages to me. From the e-mails and text message I began to fear she was mentally unstable. I canceled her services as 1 1/2 months before my wedding 03/03/13 as she still had no photographer and kept asking for more money but would not say what for. When I advised her I was canceling she refused to provide any type of refund. I asked if we could just have any decorations she may have purchased or if she could at least provide the payment to the baker out of the money. She contacted the vendor she advised me to have do the cake, and stopped her and refused to allow me to contact the baker by withholding her information from me.. She also took 750 of another couples money citing "even though they canceled within 3 business days, her business is open 24 hours a day" They cancelled on a monday and she kept their $750. as well. She is a minister for heaven sakes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lasting-Impressions-Ceremonies/clearwater-Florida-/Lasting-Impressions-Ceremonies-Katherine-Miller-Collins-Left-at-the-alter-with-no-money-995850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lasting Impressions Ceremonies

Cancelled Contracts are Non-Refundable

AUTHOR: Lasting Impressions - ()

I meet with this Client, Jamia McRae, on several occasions to discuss her wedding. Lasing Impressions was hired in July, 2012, to assist in planning her March, 2013 wedding at Ruth Eckerd Hall. I assisted her in locating vendors such as a Photographer. Shutter Buddies gave Ms. McRae a great price. When she and her Fiance' James, signed a contract in July, 2012 with Lasting Impressions, it is contractual that one half of total amount is paid as a Non-Refundable amount. Her contract total was $1500.00, the couple had chosen their flowers, wedding planner, decor for tables, and photographer on said contract. They paid $750.00 Non-refundable deposit.

I met with the couple on numerous occassions, as Ms. McRae had changed her mind on Wedding Flowers and Centerpieces numerous times. The contract is very specific that any changes can not be made orally, all change made require a new contract. I currently have 2 Contracts and several pieces of changes that were made by the couple. The flower changes alone would have raised the contract price.

Ms McRae, was very upset that the cost of the "new" flowers she had chosen were so much more money. This is the reason for Lasting Impressions asking for more money....as to cover the cost of the "new" flowers they had chosen. Ms McRae was very undecided on what she wanted to do. We meet a few more times, at the venue and a local McDonalds. She wanted what she wanted but didn't want to pay the extra cost. I wasn't able to accomodate a $5.00 stem flower for a $20.00 stem flower. This upset her and she proceeded to want to make more changes. I worked very hard to try to please her but to no avail.

Ms McRae, in January, 2013, 7months after signing a contract cancelled our services. Ms McRae wasn't due a refund as our Contract clearly states, "Deposits are Non-Refundable".

Ms McRae had been given the name of the Photographers, Shutter Buddies. It was Shutter Buddies, who chose not to Photographer her wedding as their contract is contractual with Lasting Impressions. Ms McRae, was told that by cancelling Lasting Impressions that this too cancelled the said contract with Shutter Buddies. Ms McRae, had the contact number of the Photographers. They had every contractal right to let her know that when she cancelled Lasting Impressions that they were cancelled also.

I regret that Ms McRae, cancelled us 3 months prior to her Wedding, but we were willing to give her everything that she wanted but had explained that with these kinds of changes there too was a cost change.

I am sorry that Ms McRae doesn't understand that 7 months after working with a client doesn't change the contract...unfortunately...the contact is Non-Refundable.

Unfortunately, after having planned and executed over 3300 Weddings, there has to be someone that you can't make happy. I reget that was her decision.