• Report: #620388

• Submitted: Mon, July 05, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, July 05, 2010

• Reported By: Stacey — Middletown Pennsylvania United States of America
Latin Tour Dimensions

Latin Tour Dimensions -It has been 14 months and I am still waiting for a refund! Internet

Three friends & I went on an Ecuador & Galapagos tour arrainged by Latin Tour Dimensions in April, 2009.  The first day in Ecuador, we were contacted by Klein Tours, our local guides, that they hadn't received payment for our vacation and they needed a credit card to hold $8,000, even though I had paid $14,000 by January, 2009, a full 3 months before we traveled.

Fortunately my travel agent, that booked the tour contacted Latin Tour Dimensions & that problem was eventually resolved (although it apparently took almost the entire 9 days of our vacation).

Our next issue was having to pay $100 for a Galapagos Park Fee, which should have been included in our tour and was listed on our voucher.  I contacted Michael Steinberger, the owner of Latin Tour Dimensions, immediately upon our return to the Stated and he agreed that we were due the money.

For the next 14 months, he assured me that a refund would be forthcoming & he apologized for the delay.  He actually informed me that "checks were issued on June 1, 2010".  It is now July 5, 2010 and we still haven't received the refund.

I truly hope that this helps anyone considering traveling to Central & South America to NOT use Latin Tour Dimensions-their "customer service" is non-existant and Michael Steinberger is a liar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2010 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Latin-Tour-Dimensions/internet/Latin-Tour-Dimensions-It-has-been-14-months-and-I-am-still-waiting-for-a-refund-Interne-620388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Latin Tour Dimensions