Complaint Review: Lauderdale County DHS Child Support Enforcement

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 27, 2006

• Reported By:Meridian Mississippi
Lauderdale County DHS Child Support Enforcement
Post Office 5537 Meridian, Mississippi U.S.A.

Lauderdale County DHS Child Support Enforcement Forced payment for child in another state. Meridian Mississippi

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: WHY ME?

The last time I saw my daughter her and her mother was getting on a bus to go to St.Louis to stay with her mother dad until

her mom finished highschool,but they left her dad's house before she finished school,and when I finally tracked them down

she made it clear that they weren't coming back.That was 5yrs ago I've been paying childsupport for over 3years now.Ms.Powell

at the DHS office siad that when I signed my daughter's birth certificate that I was agreeing to pay childsupport,and that if

I wanted to see my daughter I would have to hire a private attorney because they did not handle custody matters.Latter I

found out that the reason that I am paying childsupport is not because my daughter's mother ordered it,but because my is

receiving medicaid.I have a letter dated 7/31/05 telling me that I owe a court cost of $96.50 and I never even been to

court.I have the court order that I signed right there in the office,and it's not even signed by a Judge.Right now they are

taking more out of my unemployment then when I was working and everybody keeps telling me that there not suppose to be taking

anything out.The lady at the unemployment office said that they can if it's a court order,well what if it's not and never was.

That would mean that these people just stole every oppurtunity I had,to be a part of my daughter's life,not to mention the

fact that they knew what they were doing.I haven't seen,been able to visit or received a visit from my daughter in the last

5yrs.I would still like to be a part of her life cause I know how it feelsto be without a father.I know there is someone out

there that can help me.PLEASE HURRY!!!

Michael
Meridian, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2006 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lauderdale-County-DHS-Child-Support-Enforcement/Meridian-Mississippi-39302-5537/Lauderdale-County-DHS-Child-Support-Enforcement-Forced-payment-for-child-in-another-state-178302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lauderdale County DHS Child Support Enforcement

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

WHY ME?

AUTHOR: EJ - ()

When my son was born, I put myself on Child Support. Listening to my wise mother saying; "One Day You'll Thank Me" however, not knowing years later I would be raising him alone. His mother, went to the child-support office with me to admit she wanted him to be with me to the case worker after they ask me to bring her in for just that reason, and for a legal Representive to look at the case. Nothing was done as if we was never there. They use to have me go through a series of different case workers, as if they didnt want to deal with me. Eventually, they started taking  twice the amount out on my unemployment. Its hard to raise him while they are punishing me and I'm barely making it now. I just wish someone would look at my case or this child support office. Cause I'm a Great Father to my son I'm sure, better yet positive he would say the same.

Please Help Me!