Complaint Review: Launch Local

Launch Local
1282 Trumbull Avenue Girard, Ohio United States of America

Launch Local Axiom Advertising Complete Scam! Girard , Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Comment

Let's begin, shall we? I came across this Launch Local, which this location was in Girard, OH, on Craigslist.com. In their description of the job, they mentioned about working in a fun and exciting environment, where loud music was appreciated. The description also stated that the job would be testing out different toy products. Reading the description, I figured this would be a job testing toys in a warehouse... WRONG!!! I started to get suspicious, especially because I found a couple different names for this company, in which the address was the same for the other names.

I typed in the in the bing.com search bar a short description of this Craigslist.com posting, and I found that they had the same posting on a ton of different sites, but there was different contact numbers and names to inquire about the position. However, I did call and talked to a young lady named Tracy. Tracy seemed like a really nice young lady, but, she did not speak professionally. On several occasions, she called me "babe, honey and sweetie." I am a married man, and I did not feel comfortable with her calling me that. On top of that, after I scheduled an interview with her, I still wasn't clear on the actual job description, even after questioning. Being that I really needed employment, I took a chance to at least schedule an interview... BIG WASTE OF TIME!

First off, I drove a pretty good distance to interview. Once I got to the destination, it was in a run-down building that looked like an automobile garage. I walked in the door and noticed that there was one main office which was nice inside, and two other very small offices, in which there was very loud music playing in this very small space. So, I give my resume` to Tracy, and she tells me to have a seat. The one thing I noticed was that there were no other employees other than Tracy and two others. After a couple minutes, the boss, Linda Burton, comes out and greets me with her large breasts popping out of her "business jacket," with her bra clearly exposed as well.

So, now that her breasts are right in front my face, it's time for the interview. I've never in my life tried to stay focused on a person's face as much as I did in this interview. I don't know if this was something that she does to throw people off of their game, but it was definitely something that made me feel like I was in a weird situation. Granted, she was very attractive woman, but I wasn't there to look at a scantly-clad female, I was there to have a "professional" interview.

From the start, Linda told lie after lie. She said several times that this was an advertising agency. If it is an advertising agency, why are we going store to store selling knock-off products that were made in China? She said every contractor (word used in place of employee, because you're not an employ when you work there, you are an independent contractor) will work their way up in hopes of attaining a higher position. Never did she say anything about using your own vehicle to go place to place; never did she say that you would have to use your own gas; and she also she said I would make $400-800 a week, which is completely ridiculous. She pretty much made it sound like working there would teach you everything you need to know about running your own business, which that is far from the truth. They make you run around and try to sell a crappy product to people while they collect most of the money. So, this was nothing like that vague description on Craigslist.

After my interview, I got a call before I was even able to get out my interview attire. However, thankfully, for my instinct and research on various sites like this one, I was able to see that this is a scam job. The lies were ridiculous, and I believe that this company tries to prey on people that are looking for employment. Pretty much, as long as you are breathing, they will hire you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Launch-Local/Girard-Ohio-/Launch-Local-Axiom-Advertising-Complete-Scam-Girard-Ohio-1022902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Launch Local

AUTHOR: Giselle - ()

I looked this Linda person up on Facebook, expecting some sort of bombshell...What is she, like 58 years old? Yikes!