- Report: #804055
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Laura B Sender
Laura B Sender2669 MARQUETTE Sacramento, California United States of America
Laura B Sender Social Worker Laura Sender Unlawfully Detained My Wife Untruthful Statements, Abuse of Power, Lies and Manipulation at Mercy San Juan Hospital Sacramento, California
*General Comment: Typical
*Consumer Comment: Interesting
On 10/17/2011 I took my wife to Mercy San Juan hospital, I thought she might have had a small heart attack. She said her head felt weird and she stated she felt like one of those people that just stare off in the distance. I thought the hospital was reputable but now I now it's not.
After making sure she got checked in and her vitals were all normal I left and had to go back to the home to take care of the kids and then went back up to the hospital around 5 p.m.
I entered the ER and to my astonishment she was in room 10 with a security guard at her door when I asked what this was about she said the social worker Laura Sender had determined that she was under a little stress and instead of sending her home for 2 or 3 days to wait for an available appointment to see someone she took it upon herself to make an appointment tonight to talk to someone now.
She told her when she got there she would be able to talk to a Psychologist and/or a Psychiatrist (She had been under a lot of stress about our finances, I was hit in the head with a 10 lb metal manhole cover belonging to Sacramento Suburban Water District and unable to work for the past few months and had no income)so they could help her thru this difficult time. I said I would take her right there and Laura Sender said she already put the paper work through I said what paperwork she said the paperwork to go and talk to someone.
The whole night she was evasive and kept coming in and planting thoughts in her head like: You feel like you want to kill your self don't you? My wife who has anxiety attacks about dyeing NEVER EVER TALKS OR WILL TALK ABOUT IT so every time Laura Sender said that my wife would start crying.
The reports from the doctor and nurses all report she calm, doing well, eating, relaxed etc. but we found out after we got a copy of my wifes records Laura Sender reported that my wife said she wants to die/kill herself, Lifes not worth living anymore and nothing BUT LIES!!!!!!. I was infuriated and said I was taking her out of there and they said I would be arrested if I did .ARRESTED WTF IS GOING ON.
She arrived at Sierra Vista Hospital at 3:16 AM. She did not talk to ANY DOCTORS and when asked "Were are they I want to talk to them so I can go home" they laughed and said "Your under a 72 hour hold" My wife was blown away that Laura Sender did this to her and did not have THE GUTS TO TELL HER she was given some test and turned up positive for the drugs THAT WAS ADMINISTERED TO HER IN THE ER!! So they started to detox her and she told them that was given to her at the ER, They didn't care at all what she said.
Next morning she kept on them "Whereas the Doctors"? They'll be in around 11am. She finally saw the Psychiatrist around 11:30 am, He asked do you know why your here and she said " Her head didn't feel right and Laura Sender said this was the fastest way to seek a help. After talking to her for 2 minutes he said she could go home.
NEEDLESS TO SAY SOCIAL WORKER LAURA SENDER NOT ONLY LIED TO HER BUT FALSELY HELD HER!!! SHE PUT HER ON A 72 HOUR HOLD ALSO KNOWN AS 5150 WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CAUSE. And this was after the REAL ER DOCTOR had released her.
After digging into both hospitals backgrounds I found out some interesting facts:
Universal Health Services owns Sierra Vista and 90 percent of the Mental Hospitals in the US and last year paid out over 500 million dollars in "Kick backs" to hospitals and doctors who sent patients there, here are a few snippets:
- In 2010 UHS violated the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute and the Stark Statute between 1999 and 2006, by paying illegal compensation to doctors in order to induce them to refer patients to there hospitals.
- On November 17, 2005, Ignatius Chuka Chuck Ogba, his younger brother Ifeanyi Iffy Boniface Ogba, and Dr. Patrick Antoon, Sr. were convicted in federal court in Dallas, Texas, after a four-week jury trial. Ignatius Ogba owned Universal Health Services, Inc., a durable medical equipment supply business. The jury found the defendants guilty of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, paying and receiving illegal kickbacks, and money laundering. Both Ogbas and Dr. Antoon were also found guilty of paying and receiving illegal remuneration (i.e., kickbacks) and health care fraud. The Ogbas were also convicted of engaging in illegal monetary transactions. Dr. Antoon was further convicted of obstructing a criminal health care investigation, altering and falsifying health care records, and obstructing a federal grand jury investigation.
McAllen Hospitals, L.P., d/b/a South Texas Health System, a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. entered into a Settlement Agreement pursuant to which it agreed to pay $27.5 million to resolve claims (see Complaint) concerning violations of the Stark and Anti-kickback laws.
- McAllen Hospitals, L.P., d/b/a South Texas Health System, a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. entered into a Settlement Agreement pursuant to which it agreed to pay $27.5 million to resolve claims (see Complaint) concerning violations of the Stark and Anti-kickback laws.
- In several instances, the company and its subsidiaries have been threatened with losing the ability to take in federally-subsidized patients. At various times, states have stopped sending children to UHS facilities. And in the last few years, the King of Prussia, Pa.-based mega-company has been the subject of two Department of Justice lawsuits accusing the chain of fraud.
Sierra Vista in the last 5 years has had hundreds upon hundreds of complaints, Survey Deficiencies,
Survey Deficiencies, State Enforcement Actions and Several Deaths not to mention it is noted as "THE WORST MENTAL HOSPITAL IN CALIFORNIA" and Laura calls that safe? Laura Sender only cared about 1 thing that night and that was lining her pockets with $$$$.
She did not care about violating my wifes civil rights, commuting fraud and breaking numerous state and federal laws. Isn't it funny that Laura Sender has a connection to Sierra Vista???
And isn't it funny that she did not send my wife to the counties mental hospital since she was on unemployment and had no insurance?!! Aww but she knew she would qualify for CMISP a county program that pays for the indigent.
Now Mercy San Juan owned by Catholic Health care West:
- On Friday, U.S. Attorney Benjamin Wagner announced that CatholicHealthcare West would pay $9.1 million to settle allegations that its hospitals submitted inaccurate Medicare claims.
- After it self-disclosed conduct to the OIG, Catholic Healthcare West,
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, and Community Hospital of San Bernardino
(collectively CHW), CA, agreed to pay $243,819.28 for alleging violating the Civil Monetary
- Penalties Law CHW (Catholic Healthcare West) faces Medicare fraud charges. Feds allege Sacramento, Calif., hospitals filed false cost reports.
- Catholic Healthcare West dba Mercy San Juan in Sacramento has alleging "OVER BILLED" Medical/Medicaid to the tune of 100 million dollars in the last 10 years.
- The largest Catholic hospital system in the Western states has settled allegations that 13 of its hospitals made false Medicare claims. It agreed to pay the federal government $8.5 million to settle the whistleblower lawsuit, officials said Friday.
- The hospital system agreed to pay $10.25 million a year ago to settle a
- The hospitals kept two sets of books, federal prosecutors alleged.
whistleblower complaint that it inflated reimbursement claims at two
clinics, Woodland Clinic Medical Group and MedClinic of Sacramento.
- Catholic Healthcare West in trouble again for falsifying patients records.
In order to be taken in on a involuntary hold for 72 hours under a 5150 the person must:
1-Danger to self: The person must be an immediate threat to themselves, usually by being suicidal. Someone who is severely depressed and wishes to die would fall under this category (though they generally have to have expressed a plan to commit suicide and not just a wish to die).
2- Danger to others: The person must be an immediate threat to someone else's safety.
3- Gravely disabled:
1. Adult (patients over 18 years of age): The person's mental condition prevents him/her from being able to provide for food, clothing, and/or shelter, and there is no indication that anyone is willing or able to assist him/her in procuring these needs. This does not necessarily mean homeless, as a homeless person who is able to seek housing (even in a temporary shelter) when weather demands it would not fall under this category. Also, the mere lack of resources to provide food, clothing, or shelter is not dispositive; the inability must be caused by the psychiatric condition.
Laura claimed my wife said she wanted to end it, kill herself and she couldn't go on anymore, My wife has 10 years worth of records from Kaiser Permanente that all state "She is afraid of dyeing and has panic attacks anytime the subject is brought up and REFUSES TO TALK ABOUT IT". Laura Sender wanted that kick back money so she made up a bunch of lies. That is how she claimed she was a danger to herself.
Laura also claimed my wife was unable to take care of herself or Gravely disabled but yet the whole time in the hospital she used the phone, ate food even walked all the way down the hall to use the restroom Gravely Disabled??? Yes Laura Sender is!!!! If you read the line above in bold and underlined it states and there is no indication that anyone is willing or able to assist him/her in procuring these needs needs as in food, shelter and clothing..WHAT IN THE HELL WAS I DOING THERE IF I DID NOT CARE ABOUT MY WIFE??????
If she was really disabled you don't think I would take care of her??? They never asked because I was not all drugged up like my wife was, they never said ANYTHING. And that is how Laura Sender planned on getting away with it by DRUGGING MY WIFE!!!
They gave my wife 1mg of Lorazepam, 90 minutes later another 1 mg, 15 minutes after that another 1 mg. Lorazepam states it takes at least 2 hours or 120 minutes for the full effects of it too take place. So WHY 3 TABS IN LESS THEN 2 HOURS???? To keep her doped up so she could get away with her money pocket lining scheme and you know MERCY SAN JUAN ISN'T GOING TO SAY A WORD There as dirty as she.
Yes I hear what your saying she did complain to the hospital in fact Dr. Wayne E. Soo Hoo who has a PHD looked her complaint over and said:The care provided by the Social Worker was appropriate based on your presenting signs, symptoms and chief complaints. Talk about ignorant YES IT WAS APPROPRIATE BY THE LIES LAURA SENDER WROTE DOWN but you did not bother to investigate if they were true or not, I was there 80 percent of the whole time she was there you didn't talk to me, you didn't talk to my wife, you didn't talk to the security guard, nurses or anyone else YOU STRICTLY WENT BY WHAT LAURA BETH SENDER SAID!!!!!!!! And you call yourself a doctor??????? I call you a politician, used car salesman, liar, thief, cheat and piece of trash. I will update this after we obtain our lawyer in Los Angeles and receive some more LIES from the hospital. DO NOT EVER HIRE LAURA SENDER, DO NOT EVER GO TO MERCY SAN JUAN AND NEVER TAKE WAYNE E SOO HOO'S WORD FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laura-B-Sender/Sacramento-California-95826/Laura-B-Sender-Social-Worker-Laura-Sender-Unlawfully-Detained-My-Wife-Untruthful-Stateme-804055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.