ED Magedson – Founder
Laurel Pond Wilderness Lodges and RV Ultra Sites720 Monmouth Rd Cream Ridge, NJ 08514 Cream Ridge, New Jersey USA
Laurel Pond Wilderness Lodges and RV Ultra Sites The only things LUXURY is the price! Cream Ridge New Jersey
Laurel Pond is a money making SCAM! We stayed here in our RV in one of their "Luxury" sites. The website shows beautiful, clean, well maintained sites. In reality you get a dirty, muddy site over grown with bushes. The "president" or "manager" Steven D. Catalano moves you in, collects your money and is never to be seen or heard from again until he wants more money.
There has been a HUGE amount of problems with our stay at Laurel Pond...
1) Most importantly... the owner did not pay the electric bill for 3 months... therefor causing the office, wifi and water well pump to shut down. Meaning we were without water for 2 days with no end in site. The Health department then came through and shut the campground down and ordered everyone to vacate or pay fines. Some of these people had JUST paid 1600.00 to stay in the lodge for a month and will not be refunded. We paid 585.00 to rent an RV site for a month and were told to leave with two weeks still left on our rental agreement.
2) The water is NASTY! It is untreated well water and will ruin anything porcelain or plastic in your RV! It is a simple fix, but the owner refuses to remedy the situation.
3) The Sherriff's department showed up with a Writ of Execution stating that the owner (Steven D. Catalano a.k.a. S.D Walker) owed money and a lein was placed on the property... therefor all those who are renting will now pay rent to the sherriff's department. Shortly after this was served the owner came by and demanded that we pay him and not the sherriff... which is ilegal. He was hoping to be paid under the table.
4) There are ZERO amenities... everything is over grown and not taken care of at all! We did not even have a picnic table at our site which is pretty standard at even the most basic campgrounds.
5) Owner will not answer the phone... even in the event of an emergency on site.
6) Owner tries to intimidate you with legal mumbo jumbo that doesn't make any sense at all to get you to pay him cash instead of doing the legal thing.
7) The lodges are GROSS!!!! The laundry (linens) are washed inside and hung out to dry... sometimes for weeks or days and placed on the beds with ticks, hair (human and pet) and other gross things on them. The lodges also stink... like mold or trash.
8) The owner has HORRIBLE record keeping skills and "guesses" the meter readings. Some people were charged $400.00 for one month's electirc from the owners "best guess" at meter reading. We took pictures of ours and wrote it down and our bill was still wrong.
I could go on and on... but these are the most important things you need to know. Do not stay here... unless you like to give away money!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laurel-Pond-Wilderness-Lodges-and-RV-Ultra-Sites/Cream-Ridge-New-Jersey-08514/Laurel-Pond-Wilderness-Lodges-and-RV-Ultra-Sites-The-only-things-LUXURY-is-the-price-C-1059007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.