I purchased the Adaware program from lavasoft in early October via the internet as a downloaded program. After running it, I realized that certain programs could not be removed. When I contacted the company, I was told that I did not get all the updates which would have fixed the problem. (I am unsure why they did not sell me a program thatdownloaded the first time with all available updates at the time.) I was told to remove the program and then reinstall using the link provided. When I did this I was continually redirected to the website of the malware program. I could not install the program. Repeated emails back and forth (one problem is that they take about a week on a non holiday week to respond to emails, sometimes longer if there is a holiday, which just slows the process of fixing the problem)did not fix the problem. I also received emails with expired links to download the program. It was obvious I started to get computer generated emails about six weeks later, because I started seeing the same directions to fix the problem that had not worked the first time. It is as this time that I requested a refund. I sent them all of the emails back and forth that I had used to attempt to fix the problem. They told me to contact their billing company (element 5) and provided a link. I thought that meant I would get a refund. Element 5 sent me a notice saying that lavasoft had rejected my request for a refund. So three months later, with spyware continuing to run on my computer, they refuse to refund my money.
Lynbrook, New York