Complaint Review: Law Enforcement Systems

• Updated: Sat, April 13, 2013

• Reported By: Dman — Tracy California
Law Enforcement Systems
PO BOX 2182 Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of America

Law Enforcement Systems I was sent tickets for a car i no longer own. I sent them the paperwork showing I had done a release of liability. They put a lean on my tax return for $2000 and have told me they will file the pape Milwaukee, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Release of liability?

This company has held onto $2000 of my tax return money for 3 months and is saying they can hold onto it for another year.

I sold my car over a year ago, filed the release of liability.  The new owner didn't register it and ran toll charges in excess of $5000.  This company sent me a bill.  I sent a letter back with my release of liability info.  I didn't hear back from them.

They didn't process the info i sent and put a lien on my tax return for $2000.  I sent them all the info from the DMV they asked for again.  They told me they will process it in 90 to 180 days and i will get a check mailed out 90 to 180 days after that.

I tried speaking to a supervisor, got hung up on. Now when I call and enter my account number, the system hangs up on me.  I need my money.  They should be held accountable for damages and interest on my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Enforcement-Systems/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53201/Law-Enforcement-Systems-I-was-sent-tickets-for-a-car-i-no-longer-own-I-sent-them-the-pa-1039809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Enforcement Systems

Release of liability?

AUTHOR: 1HotMVFR - ()

Did you file a release of liability with DMV? Did you keep a copy? If you filed one, then request a VR-70 to be sent to you (or pick one up) at DMV. Then request a copy of the release of liability. Send a certified letter with the copy of the release of liability to the agency demanding payment.  Tell them that they need to contact the person you sold the car to.

If you did not file one, or you filed an incomplete release then you may be held responsible because you didn't act responsibly.  Also if there were that many tickets issued then your mail box would've been filled with citations, reminders and then demands for payment.  Why didn't you do something before they attached your refund?
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC