Complaint Review: Law Office of Chistopher S. Biely

• Updated: Tue, June 10, 2014

• Reported By: Veritas SB — Santa Barbara California
Law Office of Chistopher S. Biely
705 E. Main St. Santa Maria, California USA

Law Office of Chistopher S. Biely, AKA Biely & Biely Beware, Unethical, Breach of Contract, Unprofessional, Malpractice Santa Maria California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response

BEAWARE OF THIS LAW FIRM.  The Law Office of Christopher S. Biely exceeded my balance and did not notify me of that fact for four months, at which time my outstanding balance was about $20,000.

I hired attorney Suzanne Biely of the The Law Office of Christopher S. Biely in 2010 to represent me in my marital dissolution.  The law office consisted of two attorneys, Suzanne Biely and her son, Christopher S. Biely.  The law office also consisted, as far as I know, of law clerk Noelle Gaston and legal assistant (or possibly paralegal) Jan Morales.  I was charged a total deposit of $4,000 upon hire.

There were no charges for the first six months, as there was no activity in the case because my wife (at the time) and I were working on our marriage.  Then activity and charges began (my then wife and I weren't having much luck).  They never sent me a bill notifying me that my deposit was exhausted and I owed them money until four months and approximatley $20,000 later.  I had to terminate Suzanne Biely a few days later, after I tried unsuccessfully several times to contact her.  This matter was eventually turned over to a collection agency and I was sued.  Pre-trial has been underway for awhile, but we’re set for trial this coming September.

Aside from them being in violation of ethical standards, fiduciary responsibiity, fundamentsl fairness, etc, they were in clear breach of our contract as it pertains to billing.  They put themselves in a precarious position, and I did not enter into any fee arbitration, as they are not entiiteld to one more dollar from me based on the circumstances as outlined (and more).  Come to find out, this law office’s antics have unduly burdened clients as far away as Riverside County.

Again, WARNING:  The Law Office of Christopher S. Biely exceeded a client’s balance and did not notify him of that fact for four months, at which time his outstanding balance amounted to approximately $20,000.  Do you really want to retain their "services?"  Keep searching and good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2014 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Office-of-Chistopher-S-Biely/Santa-Maria-California-93454/Law-Office-of-Chistopher-S-Biely-AKA-Biely-Biely-Beware-Unethical-Breach-of-Contrac-1153748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Office of Chistopher S. Biely

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response

AUTHOR: Chris Biely - ()

Thank you for your feedback.  I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with our services.  Due to attorney-client privilege and my duty of confidentiality, I cannot address your statements in a public forum.  Please contact me as soon as possible, so that I can address and hopefully resolve your specific complaints personally.  You can call me at 805-928-3641 or email me at chris@bielylaw.com.  Sincerely, Christopher S. Biely