Complaint Review: Law Office of Patrick Long The Home Relief Foundation Law Office of Gordon Hardin Foreclosure Mortgage Modification Scam Austin, Texas

• Submitted: Tue, March 12, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Homeowner No More — Portland Oregon USA
3900 Manchaca Rd Austin, Texas United States of America

Law Office of Patrick Long The Home Relief Foundation Law Office of Gordon Hardin Foreclosure Mortgage Modification Scam Austin, Texas Mark Landers, Christi Warren, Terry Williams, Amanda Christy, Paul Higgs No longer a homeowner thanks to these people! Austin, Texas

My story is pretty similar to those already on the Rip Off Report about these people.  I lost my job and we were very short on funds and needed help with our 1st and 2nd mortgages.  We had a VA loan and my husband put out feelers to see if we could get some help.  He was contacted by Mark Landers of the Law Offices of Gordon Hardin dba Home Relief Foundation.  We were asked to pay $3000.00, we were told we did not need to be compelled to pay our lender, and we were made promises that our loans would be reduced so that we could afford to keep our home.  All of this I have proof of in the form of emails.

To make a long story short, we were told this would take 3-5 months.  It took over 2 years!  We were sent a letter from Wells Fargo telling us we had to pay exactly the same amount we had been paying on our 1st mortgage and these people never did anything regarding our 2nd mortgage.  Amanda said they were done with us, "it's a good deal".  Um, no, they screwed us over, took $3000.00, and did nothing, nothing, nothing!

I get a call from my husband while I'm at the hospital with my dying grandmother, we have been served with foreclosure/eviction from our county sheriff's department.  The next day, my grandmother passed away, I went home to start looking for a place to live that would take us, our crappy credit, and our two small dogs.  It cost us dearly to get a rental house and move in such short notice.

I have reported them to the State of Texas and the State of Oregon where we live.  We have reported them to the BBB, for which the BBB got no response.  I have been told on good authority that Gordon Hardin has had his license to practice law.... suspended!!

Do not trust these people, we lost money to them, had our credit further ruined, and lost our home.  These people need to be put out of business for good!

If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit against these people, please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Office-of-Patrick-Long-The-Home-Relief-Foundation-Law-Office-of-Gordon-Hardin-Foreclosure-Mortgage-Modification-Scam-Austin-Texas/Austin-Texas-78759/Law-Office-of-Patrick-Long-The-Home-Relief-Foundation-Law-Office-of-Gordon-Hardin-Foreclos-1027805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Office of Patrick Long The Home Relief Foundation Law Office of Gordon Hardin Foreclosure Mortgage Modification Scam Austin, Texas