Complaint Review: Law Office of Thomas J. Sherwood

• Reported By: PsstOFF — Lake Mary Florida United States of America
Law Office of Thomas J. Sherwood
11524 E US Highway 92 Ste 100 Seffner, Florida United States of America

Law Office of Thomas J. Sherwood HAMP LOAN REMOD Seffner, Florida

The people in this firm are STUPID and horrible and need to be stopped.  After filling out all the required paperwork, Angel took my initial payment of $500.00 drafted out on March 10th. From there, Maria took over. I made several follow up calls to her to inquire about a status of my mod. Maria she said she was waiting hear back from Bank of America an in a couple of weeks she would be able to update me. Yesterday, I spoke to Bank of America (5 WEEKS LATER!!!) and they told me nobody from the Thomas J. Sherwood has contacted them about my account regarding any loan modifications. Called Thomas J. Sherwood to see why they dropped the ball here and they say they don't have any payment record and I should call my bank to verify I made a payment? BTW, did I mention Maria was lazy?

HEEELLLOOO? What kind of accounting department do they have here??? Brenda in the law firms accounting department had no evidence I paid them, even though, they drafted from my account and she told me to call my bank to get proof I paid them and ask them to send that proof to her!!! Can you believe it? I had to tell them the day THEY drafted the money out of my account!!! I asked for a refund as it is late in my chapter 7 and I think I am better off doing this HAMP loan remod by myself as they cannot be trusted. However, they refuse to refund me! Juan is a jerk and said this in an email to me:

Hello,

Accounting and I spoke on your file this morning and there will not be a Refund per your request.

The request for Refund has been denied.

Your contract states if you cancel before any negotiations with your Lender you will forfeit refund.

Juan Pacheco
    Loss Mitigation Manager

Evidently Juan left out the part that they never contacted my lender in the first place and that this was a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2011 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Office-of-Thomas-J-Sherwood/Seffner-Florida-33584/Law-Office-of-Thomas-J-Sherwood-HAMP-LOAN-REMOD-Seffner-Florida-727879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Office of Thomas J. Sherwood