institution

Complaint Review: Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, P.C./Palisades Collection, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, March 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 11, 2009

• Reported By:Ponca City Oklahoma
Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, P.C./Palisades Collection, LLC
7 Penn Plaza New York, New York U.S.A.

Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, P.C./Palisades Collection, LLC MY BANKER SAVED ME! New York New York

*Author of original report: Palisades Collection, LLC Assignee of AT&T Wireless

I received a letter from Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay by mail two days ago. I read the letter immediately and called the 800 number to find out what this charge was for? I spoke with a very nice representative and he told me that this was a collection agency for ATT Wireless. He said that my boyfriend owed an old phone bill from 2003. I thought "OK" he probably did. I asked for the correct address to send the payment to and he said that they do electronic transactions only. "I GAVE HIM MY BAMK ACCT NUMBER" not thinking. The form letter was very impressive and looked as real as it gets. At the end of my conversation he said in a low voice "would you please let your bank know that this transation will be going through, let them know asap". I said sure I will let them know in the morning. I went to my bank yesterday and showed my banker the letter they sent me. She immediately said "NO WAY, SIT DOWN! She looked on this site and sure enough it's a scam.

Long story short "I WAS JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME" there was no money taken out of my account and I have had to close all of my accounts and get new ones, "very time consuming". I feel like the man I spoke with was trying to tell me something and my banker was smart about this so I have been truely blessed. "lessens learned".

Celeste r
Ponca City, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-Of-Mitchell-N-Kay-PCPalisades-Collection-LLC/New-York-New-York-10001/Law-Offices-Of-Mitchell-N-Kay-PCPalisades-Collection-LLC-MY-BANKER-SAVED-ME-New-Yor-433219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, P.C./Palisades Collection, LLC

AUTHOR: Celeste r - (U.S.A.)

This is another heading that the Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay, P.C. is using. They are not with AT&T. BE AWARE!