Complaint Review: Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding - Fingerhut

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2003

• Reported By:simpson Pennsylvania
Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding - Fingerhut
PO Box 9006 Smithtown, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-744-3431
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut Falsely claimed I owed them money for merchandise I never ordered! Smithtown New York

I received a letter from the Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay claiming that they represented RJM Acquisitions Funding and Fingerhut. The letter stated that I owed a balance of $352.52 to Fingerhut. I have never in my life ordered from Fingerhut, received merchandise from Fingerhut, or received a bill from Fingerhut, UNTIL this one.

I was truly alarmed by this letter, and I intended to fight this debt that I knew to be a false one. Luckily, I stumbled upon the Rip-off Report website and found out that many people across the U.S. had received similar correspondences attempting to collect payments that they were unaware they owed.

I wrote letters to the Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, and Fingerhut. In the letters I stated that I had not ordered from Fingerhut, received any products from Fingerhut, or received any previous billing from Fingerhut, thus I refused to pay any money to Fingerhut or its representatives.

I also enclosed copies of pages from this website in all three letters and told them that I was well aware of their little scam.

Within a week, I received two letters from RJM Acquisitions Funding stating that they have stopped all attempts to collect the "debt,", that they would not communicate with me further on this matter, and that my credit report would not be affected by their unsubstantiated claims that I owed them money.

simpson, Pennsylvania

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Fingerhut

Click here to see why we deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2003 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-Of-Mitchell-N-Kay-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Fingerhut/Smithtown-New-York-11787-9006/Law-Offices-Of-Mitchell-N-Kay-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Fingerhut-Falsely-claimed-I-owed-70638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding - Fingerhut