Complaint Review: Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 10, 2007

• Reported By:Winchester New Hampshire
Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut
575 Underhill Blvd Ste 2 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut Don't have an account with Fingerhut, never had an account but they reported bad credit on my report Syosset New York

*Consumer Comment: contact them ...

*Consumer Suggestion: File a formal complaint against him with the State Bar

*Consumer Suggestion: Fair Debt Collection Law

*Consumer Comment: Wrong, wrong, wrong. file a lawsuit against this law firm

*Consumer Suggestion: I aksed Mitchell Kay to stop contacting me and they said no

*Author of original report: They informed me that Fingerhut had been bought by another company still using fingerhut name

About 8 months ago, I received a letter from this Law Office stating that I owed Fingerhut a $118. I was mortified because I have never had any dealings with Fingerhut. I tried to call the Law Office but repeatedly was getting automated service telling me how to pay the bill. I pressed the option to speak to a customer service representative but only received automated hours of operations.

I just recently tried to get a credit card and was denied because of an account in collections. I got my credit report and saw that this company RJM Acquisitions Funding(collection agency) was on there and that the original creditor was Fingerhut.

They claim I opened this account in August of 2002 and that it went into collections in October of 2002.

I have since disputed this on my credit report. I'm hoping this will clear it up. In the meantime, I'm going to make a report with the Better Business Bureau.

Michael
Winchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2003 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-Of-Mitchell-N-Kay-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Fingerhut/Syosset-New-York-11791/Law-Offices-Of-Mitchell-N-Kay-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-Fingerhut-Dont-have-an-account-69576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices Of Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, Fingerhut

contact them ...

AUTHOR: Wompkeebudee - (U.S.A.)

Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay

7 penn Plaza Ny, NY
10001

#2 Consumer Suggestion

File a formal complaint against him with the State Bar

AUTHOR: Beverly - (U.S.A.)

File a formal complaint against him with the State Bar in his area and provide a copy of the fair debt collections practices act. Demand a systemic investigation into Kay's illegal collection tactics and reference this site.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

Always document your disputes in writing. If a debt collector contacts you regarding a disputed debt, tell them in writing the nature of the dispute and instructing them not to contact you. If they continue to contact, THEN you have a potential claim under the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and maybe under the laws of your state as well.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

Wrong, wrong, wrong. file a lawsuit against this law firm

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Donald, this law firm (I use this term loosely) has absolutely NO RIGHT to continue to contact you. What they are doing is breaking every Consumer debt law in the book, and you can actually file a lawsuit against them if they continue to harrass you.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

I aksed Mitchell Kay to stop contacting me and they said no

AUTHOR: Donald Iarussi MFA - (U.S.A.)

I have been harassed by mitchell kay and they ahve refused to stop. they said they are a law firm and have the right to continue to contact me.

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I contacted the number on my credit report for RJM Acquisitions and also the Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay and explained what was on my credit report. They informed me that Fingerhut had been bought by another company(still using fingerhut name)so, the old Fingerhut was trying to recoup money from people who had ordered from them(or hadn't in my case) and put them in collections stating that they never payed for what they ordered.

In speaking with the companies they took my information and said they would remove it from my credit report. I let a month go by before I pulled my credit report and it was in fact removed from my credit report and it only took them 2 weeks to do it. They also sent me a letter for my records just in case it popped up again in the future. They rectified the problem once I was able to speak with someone. The hardest part was locating them and getting in contact with someone.