Complaint Review: Law Offices Of Roni Lynn Deutch

• Submitted: Wed, June 29, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, August 21, 2005

• Reported By:Scarsdale New York
Law Offices Of Roni Lynn Deutch
4366 Auburn Blvd Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Law Offices Of Roni Lynn Deutch ripoff, Promises Tax relief, takes your money, then tells you they can't settle your case Sacramento California

*Consumer Comment: Disclaimers?

*Consumer Comment: Cheesy Commercials

*Consumer Comment: Are You Suprised?

I am another in the long, long, long line of victims of this law firm. I had a tax bill of $85,000 stemming from my divorce. Like all the others I was taken in by the promise of settling for less than $85,000. I was promised by my "salesman", Rich Jacobsen, that if I was qualified by them, I would definately settle for less than $85,000. He said he didn't know how much less, but definately less.

The office of Roni Lynn Deutch is not set up to handle clients, only to take their fees. I paid $4,000 up front (I'm pretty sure the entire "pre-qualification" process is only a ruse to see how much they can charge you for their fee!). I filled out all the paperwork and waited.

Weeks go by and then I'm told to fill out all the paperwork again. This basically happens over and over for 2 years.

If you try to call the office, you get a recording after being put on hold for at least 30 minutes. They do have someone (Not an attorney) return the call 2 days later but convieniently, they leave a message at home when you are at work so you have to do this process several times as well.

2 years later, they tell me they can't settle and are dropping the case. Meanwhile,penalties and interest have skyrocketed the balance due to well over $100,000!

After I was dropped by them, I was able to negotiate on my own with the IRS. It took a couple of weeks and the result was I could settle. Of course that's when I found this site and discovered I was not alone in this situation. The most frustrating thing is the the California Bar allows them to practice and no lawyer I have spoken with wants to take the case against them. ARRRGH!

Jeff
Scarsdale, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2005 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-Of-Roni-Lynn-Deutch/Sacramento-California-95841/Law-Offices-Of-Roni-Lynn-Deutch-ripoff-Promises-Tax-relief-takes-your-money-then-tells-147990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices Of Roni Lynn Deutch

Disclaimers?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

And what disclaimers are in her commercials are in microscopic type and flash on screen for a fraction of a second. I once tried to pause the frame on my DVR and I still couldn't read the tiny type clearly. Typical shadey practice.

AUTHOR: Carl - (U.S.A.)

Her commercials are pretty cheesy, but they don't mention anything about her attorney's fees being only $20, just that the IRS has taken as little as $20.

Are You Suprised?

AUTHOR: Rehtaeh - (U.S.A.)

Anyone who believes an TV COMMERCIAL for any service provided by an "attorney" that costs as little as $20.00 should raise some red flags...

You get what you pay for, unfortunately.