Complaint Review: Law Offices of Peter S Kollory

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: Anand Emmanuel — Green Brook New Jersey
Law Offices of Peter S Kollory
1628 Oak Tree Rd Edison, New Jersey USA

Law Offices of Peter S Kollory Peter S Kollory - STAY AWAY FROM THIS ATTORNEY Edison New Jersey

*Author of original report: Peter S Kollory - STAY AWAY FROM THIS ATTORNEY

*Author of original report: Misinformation

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misinformation

I am a small business owner. I hired this attorney on Feb 14, 2013 to file our company's H1b petitions. I made the payment to him on Feb 25th, 2013. I asked him to confirm if its doable to file the H1b petition as its our first time filing the petition. He said its doable and asked my to make the payment. After he received the payment his attitude and behavior completely changed he did not answer calls, he did not respond to my emails he made me go to his office and wait. He did not give me a plan/schedule with timeline for different steps that need to be completed before filing H1B petition. He did not set a deadline for me complete any tasks that I had to perform. He did not follow up with me if I was delaying the process to meet the deadline. All of a sudden he started rushing when he realized that H1b quota is going to get filled up within the first week of April 2013. I told him if we had a plan to file the petition on April 1st, 2013 we don't have to worry whether the visa number are getting filled up faster or not. Due to improper planning our LCA was not approved when we filed our petition.

Two days before we filed our H1b petition, I even pointed it out to him from USCIS website has mentioned that we file the H1b petition along with the approved LCA. He told me USCIS website is for general purpose only and does cover all specific situations. He told me to trust him. So we went ahead and filed the H1b petition.

USCIS rejected our h1b petition for the reason that we did not submit a copy of the approved LCA. After USCIS rejected our H1b petition he failed to follow up with USCIS with our case specifics why USCIS rejected our petition instead of giving us an RFE based on the a specific rule or earlier case that made him to take that path.

Peter does not have knowledge, understanding of USCIS procedures, policies and document requirements. He will talk and act as if he has the authority but in the end he will not deliver result and you will end up loosing time and money like me. I thought it was important to his clients and future clients to know how my experience was so they can make a well informed and do diligent decision.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS ATTORNEY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-of-Peter-S-Kollory/Edison-New-Jersey-08820/Law-Offices-of-Peter-S-Kollory-Peter-S-Kollory-STAY-AWAY-FROM-THIS-ATTORNEY-Edison-New-1077766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices of Peter S Kollory

Peter S Kollory - STAY AWAY FROM THIS ATTORNEY

AUTHOR: Anand E - ()

On Aug 26th 2013, I posted in Ripoff report about this case “ASHA JAIN and SHRI JAIN (Plaintiff) vs PETER S KOLLORY (Defendant)”. The Plaintiffs were Peter S Kollory’s clients and they sued him for legal malpractice for missing the statute of limitations. This legal malpractice case was filed at the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division Middlesex county Docket # L-3718-99. The judgment was given in favor of Asha Jain and Shri Jain and against Peter S Kollory. Peter was ordered to pay $29,407.40 to Asha Jain and $7,186.30 to Shri Jain by Honorable Judge Douglas K. Wolfson. Peter S Kollory failed to perform(did not pay) the judgment that was given against him. I questioned his ethical and moral values of how he can get away not paying the judgment that was given against him by an honorable judge from Superior Court of New Jersey. Asha Jain and Shri Jain not only lost money upfront to Peter S Kollory but also the money they should have got from the judgment.

Today I am bringing to your attention another case against Peter S Kollory.“DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST COMPANY, AS TRUSTEE, Plaintiff-Respondent,

v.

GEETA P. KOLLORY, Defendant-Appellant, and

[PETER S.] KOLLORY, HUSBAND OF GEETA P. KOLLORY, Defendant.”. This case was filed at the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. DOCKET NO.  A-0045-10T1, NO. A-0768-10T1

This case was about Peter S Kollory not paying his home mortgage and his bank foreclosing on his property. The Deutsche bank started the foreclosure proceedings on his property in summer 2006 as he failed to pay his mortgage. Peter S Kollory tried to stretch the case till Nov 2011 by appealing the same case in different courts and trying to stop the foreclosure procedure. The attorney’s who represented the Plaintiffs-Respondent (Deutsche Bank) from the Law offices of Pluese, Becker & Salztman, LLC wonderfully nailed Peter S Kollory in the different courts where he appealed.

The Honorable Judges Sabatino and C.L. Miniman finally gave the judgment in favor of DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST COMPANY and against GEETA P. KOLLORY, Defendant-Appellant, and [PETER S.] KOLLORY, HUSBAND OF GEETA P. KOLLORY, Defendant. Peter S Kollory was thrown out of his house as his property was sold in Sheriff’s sale. If you have any questions on this case you can get a copy of the judgment from the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. DOCKET NO.  A-0045-10T1, NO. A-0768-10T1 or you can contact the Law offices of Pluese, Becker & Salztman, LLC to know the truth about Peter S Kollory how he stayed in his property without paying his mortgage for close to 6 years.

I am really questioning the credibility, ethical and moral values of the attorney Peter S Kollory. As an attorney, as a mortgage borrower, as a US citizen how he can get away for 6 years not paying his home mortgage to his mortgage lender. I thought it was important for his current and future clients to know the truth. After knowing the truth I am sure you will not go to PETER S KOLLORY or recommend him or his service to anyone else.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS ATTORNEY – Peter S Kollory.

You can find more details about this case also at this website: http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20NJCO%2020110801206

Misinformation

AUTHOR: Anand E - ()

The response given by Peter S Kollory is not true. Before I hired him I asked him to confirm if our organization is in a position to successfully file the H1-b petition without any challenges. Peter did not review our documents nor gave me a plan and timeline with deliverables when we should file the LCA inorder to have it approved and ready to file the H1-b petition on April 1st, 2013. He failed to call out any risks and instead asked me to pay the full payment upfront confirming it’s doable to file the documents. The company made the decision to move forward with the filing based on his confirmation/assurance to successfully file the H1-b petition on April 1st, 2013.  Now Peter is saying H1b processes is not understood by companies. The truth is attorneys like Peter S Kollory do not understand the process. He lied to us that he has done more than 1000 H1-b petitions. His character and attitude was different before he took the payment and completely different after he gets the payments.

Peter S Kollory in his response to the Ethics complaint has mentioned that he not only missed filing the required document before the H1-b quota closed on April 5th 2013 for our company, but also for his other clients. So what happened to our organization is not an isolated incident, Peter S Kollory has confirmed it in his own words that he missed filing the H1-b petitions for his other clients in the 2014 season before the H1-b quota closed on April 5th 2013.

Not filing the required document and missing the statue of limitations is not new to Peter S Kollory. He has been doing this for the last 15 years. There are several legal malpractices cases filed against him. One of his clients Asha Jain and Shri Jain sued Peter S Kollory for legal malpractice in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division Middlesex county Docket # L-3718-99. “ASHA JAIN and SHRI JAIN (Plaintiff) vs PETER S KOLLORY (Defendant)”. The attorney Martin K. Indik who represented the plaintiffs has wonderfully nailed Peter S Kollory. The judge Honorable Douglas K. Wolfson gave the judgment in favor of Asha Jain and Shri Jain and against Peter S Kollory. Peter was asked to pay $29,407.40 to Asha Jain and $7,186.30 to Shri Jain.

Peter tried to appeal but his appeal was unsuccessful. Peter did not pay the judgment as he didn’t have business insurance and Martin Indik who sued Peter was not able to collect more than sporadic $100 monthly payments on the judgment. If you have any questions I strongly recommend calling the “Law Offices of INDIK & MCNAMARA” and speak to attorney Martin K Indik to know more about Peter S Kollory OR get a copy of the judgment from the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division Middlesex county Docket # L-3718-99. I thought it was important for his current and future clients to know the truth. After knowing the truth I am sure you will not go to PETER S KOLLORY nor recommend him to anyone.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS ATTORNEY.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misinformation

AUTHOR: Peter S. Kollory, Esq. - ()

This response is to the complaint filed above. I am the attorney involved in the H1b filing on behalf of Paxton Consultants Inc.

As to the repetition of the complaint above, Mr. E**** filed a complaint with Ethics Committee of the Supreme Court of New Jersey and it was thrown out on or about May 14, 2013 as baseless.

H1b visa process is not easily understood by most new companies as the complainant above. It is a complicated and complex process involving Department of Labor and USCIS. His case was delayed at the Department of Labor employer verification because the client did not have documents to verify his tax identification which caused the delays. By the time we cleared it to file with USCIS, the quota closed, and about 40,000 excess petitions were rejected by USCIS. This is one of them.

What happened is unfortunate but I have never taken advantage of a client even when they could not afford the attorney fee. And by the same note, as stated to complainant earlier in May 2013, he is welcome to reconcile the matter in my office to re-file transfer petitions at no cost.