Complaint Review: Law Offices of Scott L. Feldman

• Phone: 215-230-8800
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Law Offices of Scott L. Feldman Liar, Crook, Thief Doylestown Pennsylvania

I urge anyone seeking legal counsel to read through this review. Having been through a very tedious lawsuit, I now realize that the most important thing before retaining an attorney is to take advantage of the internet and do basic research.

While writing this review I googled “Scott Feldman Attorney,” and found numerous reasons as to why I should have never hired Scott. The first thing that shows up on Scott Feldman through Avvo.com is a warning notice that states “This lawyer has been disciplined by a state licensing authority.” http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/18901-pa-scott-feldman-398073.html

Furthermore, he’s even on the Ripoff Report. A previous client stated “…. I don't know for the life of me how this guy even passed the bar. Scott L. Feldman will take your money and run…” http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scott-L-Feldman/Doylestown-Pennsylvania-18901/Scott-L-Feldman-Scam-Lawyer-Stay-Away-From-Him-Doylestown-Pennsylvania-464497

I was and continue to be dumbfounded by Scott Feldman’s legal and business practices. His abilities as a lawyer are utterly lacking: Scott did not emphasize the points I wished to stress and instead he spoke about things that were not helpful or pertinent to my case. Due to his decision to lead my defense in this manner, I found myself speaking about irrelevant points I was not comfortable with. I knew I was in trouble when I became confused by my own lawyer’s defense. To no surprise, Scott lost the case and I was told to reimburse the plaintiff.

I considered an appeal, but I knew that this would cost thousands of dollars more in attorney fees. Conflicted, I spoke to others who had been in similar situations and everyone suggested I save money and settle.

Now- here is the point in which I realized that I was being completely hustled by Scott Feldman. I expressed my doubts and concerns to Scott, but it was clear he wanted to go to court. I was very uncomfortable with how he kept on pressuring me to appeal. When I asked him approximately how much an appeal would cost me, he stated he was not comfortable giving me a number.

This is the LAST thing I wanted. I wasn’t sure if he was so inept as a lawyer that he had no abilities to gauge how many hours preparing an appeal would take him or whether he was a complete crook – probably a mix of both.

I immediately sought a new attorney who advised that I stick with Scott and settle as quickly as possible. Put simply, even if I won the case I would have spent around $5k in attorney fees, when I could have spent around $3k through settlement. Around this time, I received a bill from Scott for things I was unaware of. I asked him several questions about this bill and he never responded. Instead, a month later he sent me another bill with charges I yet again disagreed with. There were many discrepancies because much of the billing was for work that I specifically requested he not do.

After receiving the final bill, I waited for Scott to either answer my questions or call me regarding payment. However, I never heard from him and never received any type of reminders or requests to remit payment. Instead, he decided to sue me for legal fees.

Working with Scott was more difficult than dealing with the plaintiff. He continues to remind me of every negative lawyer stereotype that exists: liar, thief, crook etc. I was very disappointed and disillusioned by this experience because I could clearly tell that my attorney was more concerned about making money than helping me get out of an unwanted situation. He took complete advantage of me and tried his best to drag out my case- making my life miserable and his profitable.

Do yourself a very big favor and stay away from Scott Feldman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-of-Scott-L-Feldman/Doylestown-Pennsylvania-18901/Law-Offices-of-Scott-L-Feldman-Liar-Crook-Thief-Doylestown-Pennsylvania-1058929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices of Scott L. Feldman