Complaint Review: Law Offices of Sherin Thawer

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: truereview1 — Denton Texas United States of America
Law Offices of Sherin Thawer
305 Cimmaron Trl #160 Irving TX 75063 Irving, Texas United States of America

Law Offices of Sherin Thawer RUDEST ever, Will not listen to your particular situation and provides general advise, No concept of privacy Irving, Texas

*Author of original report: Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Always Available to Help

Short review: This is rudest attorney (in fact, rudest person) I have ever met in my life. I paid for her time, but walked out feeling
like I was schooled and scolded in front of strangers. She has no respect for your time, or situation, she will give you answers that you can google yourself and figure out. If you read this review and still decide to go see her, good luck, but I would not go to her if shes the only attorney alive in the whole universe.

Long review: I am investing my time and energy to write this review as I want to make a point that not all desis (South Asains) are some trash, that Ms. Thawer can treat like illiterate villagers (with due respect to villegers). I made a same day appointment with her, as I had an emergency situation that I was trying to sort out. One of my friends husband filed for divorce and she is
totally dependent on him for everything including getting around town.

Basically, a very unfair situation with a kid involved. As soon as I found out, I offered to drive her around town, so she can meet an attorney and get some advice. We chose Ms. Thawer as she is a woman (and would understand my friends plight), a desi (and would advise on the immigration aspect) and of course an attorney who can help defend her. We were wrong as wrong can be.

I accept that we were 30 mins. late for the appointment. As you can understand, this is a traumatic experience for anyone, and we were sorting somethings out before we got there. But, I had called her office and spoke to the front office lady that we will be late, she had indicated that even though Ms. Thawer was heading out in a little bit, she will meet with us.

When we got there, I paid for the appointment ($75) and the receptionist stapled the receipt for my payment on the info sheet, we were asked to fill out and handed it to Ms. Thawer. We were called in, by that time, Ms. Thawer had read what we had mentioned on the info sheet, and started off her preaching. I call it preaching because like I said before, she told us all the general information that we could probably have googled (of course, I am not saying everything on the internet is accurate, but we were only trying to get some initial consultation thats all). Point being that, she was getting late for her appointment, which I can appreciate, so, she was trying to wrap us up by blabbering some BS. She did not ask ONE specific question about our situation, let alone answering with specificity.

There are good attorneys and there are bad attorneys, that is not what I am complaining about, but Ms. Thawer is a category of her own.

Even on humanity grounds, why would you talk down upon someone that is paying for your time and is in the deep end of a sewer, emotionally speaking? I understand she was getting late for her appointment (which I apologized for to being with), but a she could have politely told us that, and may be, asked one of her paralegals to assist us, I would have totally understood that as well.

But, she continued to randomly tell us some things, look at her monitor and wonder what she was doing and incessantly talk to her paralegal with regards to some other case in front of us.

About 15 min. into this, I finally had it, I could not take the insult of my time and money anymore as Ms. Thawer continuously put us both down and talked down upon us like we were some beggars, so I decided to walk out of there. She followed me to the doorway and kept throwing insults at me as I walked out. I am not saying I was a saint either, I admit, I did return the
favor, but I was a potential customer, who had travelled some 40 miles and paid for her time to be in her office, you see how I could have felt entitled to NOT getting insulted? This was the most insulting experience I have had as a potential customer anywhere in my life. If she wanted to get to her appointment that bad, she should either have turned us back and not taken my money, or taken my money, explained her appointment situation and passed us along to one of her paralegals for an initial consult, I would have been ok with that. She chose to accept her fees and then started to put us down, insult us and give us general answers.

I got a phone call from a stranger the following day, turns out it was Mr. Thawer. He apologized to me for his wifes behavior. He
indicated that she was not feeling well and was on some kind of a medication that made her act out like that. Ill tell you what I am doing when I am on medication that will make me act like a jerk; I am not dealing with someone that can potentially call me a jerk and leave a lengthy review online, in other words, I am at home letting the medication work on me, not at work yelling at customers that have paid for my time. Being an attorney, she chose to work while on medication, accept my money, yell at my friend and I in front of a few strangers in the office that day, and have her husband call me to apologize for her rudeness and total unprofessionalism.

My question to anybody that is contemplating getting her advice (assuming you read this review), considering my experience as detailed above, do you really think Ms. Thawer is sane enough to handle your case with utmost competence and professionalism? What is the guarantee that she will not work or interact with anyone or anything while she is on those medications?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, and thats how I think Ms. Thawer is still in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-of-Sherin-Thawer/Irving-Texas-75063/Law-Offices-of-Sherin-Thawer-RUDEST-ever-Will-not-listen-to-your-particular-situation-an-983194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices of Sherin Thawer

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: truereview1 - (United States of America)

Ms. Thawer,

please understand that this is not just a review written by a robot, it's my personal experience with you. The more you chose to ignore your legitimate critics, and move on with your regular ways, you will find yourself wondering why your business has dwindled (of course, I don't know if that's the fact, but that's just a simple business principal). I guess you have FunAsia to thank for, that gives your free publicity, after all, even I had heard about you on the radio and that's how I knew you. To be fair, you do community service while you are on the air, but I would be foolish to think you dont expect any caller to be your paid customer soon.

After my lengthy and truthful review, if you still wonder why I am 'displeased' with your 'services', I don't know what to conclude about your comprehension capability. I don't know of which reviews you are talking about, but the ones
that I read were not very impressive (had I read them before, I would probably not have shown up at all). Besides, it's MY experience that counts to ME, it doesn't matter to ME, if you cuddled up with someone, when you kicked me out of
the house, does it?

Could you please explain to me why I would ever want to cross ways with you for any reason, after the way you treated my devastated friend and I last week in your office? Thanks to capitalism, I did take her to another attorney and we
have hired her for our situation. Not everyone gets used to rude people, some of us out here just move on to the next attorney. If I were you, I would apologize and try to better myself, not try to defend my rudeness and unprofessionalism.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Always Available to Help

AUTHOR: The law offices of sherin thawer, pc - (U.S.A.)

I pride myself on leaving people feeling very satisfied with my efforts, knowledge and skill.  The vast majority of my reviews (which were all written by actual clients) accurately convey how my real clients feel about my services.

Despite this unfortunate review, I would very much like to speak with you and help you if I can with your legal issue. With my schedule as it was on the day of our meeting,as much as I wanted to, I was unable to meet with you when you arrived 30 min. after our scheduled time.

If you ever want to discuss why you are so displeased with me, please feel free to give me a call. Im here to help.