Complaint Review: Law offices of Arthur kim

9301 Wilshire BL #510 Beverly Hills, California United States of America
  • Phone: 310 246 0316
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Law offices of Arthur kim I had an employment case, the award was given, and attorneys fees and costs were divided. Mr Kim' stated he did not get enough in costs, and would take it from me, I told him no, he said I owed him, a Beverly Hills , California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: rebuttal

My award came in over a month ago, I was called by Mr. Kim's partner Claudia, she gave me a warning, that Mr. Kim was not happy with the amount in attorney's fees and costs he recieved from the Judge. She said he wanted an even number, and as a courtesy, he wanted me to give him additional money out of my award. I told her I did not owe him any thing, he was already awarded with the judges final award. She then said he is not going to back off, he is very adamant about it. So a month later, I get a call and Mr. Kim says well I have your money, but you owe me this amount of money out of it, and sends me receipts of postage, his hotel, rental car food expenses, nothing that pertains to me. I told him no I will not give him anything, he started yelling and screaming at me, he said all lawyers do this, I told him i don not owe him any courtesy, he says well Claudia is a young attorney, she does not what she is talking about. You have to pay me this money, and I will take it. I could take what I want. He was actually bullying me and trying to intimidate, and scare me. I hung up and it has been 6 weeks, I have nothing, I told him I will not sign anything, giving him any thing he should not have. Claudia. his partner in the office called and says she is so sorry, it is him, not her, she knows he is wrong, but she is afraid of him herself. She says she is caught in the middle of this. Mr. Kim is taking something that he is not entitled to, he needs to be disbarred for this, I am dealing with a tremendous amount of stress, due to this man. I have sent a complaint to state bar as well, no response yet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-offices-of-Arthur-kim/Beverly-Hills-California-90210/Law-offices-of-Arthur-kim-I-had-an-employment-case-the-award-was-given-and-attorneys-fe-1026226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law offices of Arthur kim

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

rebuttal

AUTHOR: Law offices of Arthur Kim - (United States of America)

We are happy to report that, after a long hard fought lawsuit,we recovered almost half a million dollars from the employer in this case.  The compensation of our office is governed by a written retainer agreement signed by our clients at the beginning of any lawsuit.  Our typical agreement provides for the reimbursement of actual costs to our office and the payment of 40% of the total recovery as our compensation.  Our typical agreement provides that the client is entitled to 60% of the total recovery. Our clients owe us nothing if there is no recovery. We stand by this agreement,which is fair and reasonable.  We aresaddened that, in this instance, when we obtained such an excellent result, the client is unsatisfied with the money that he/she is entitled to, based on the written agreement.Typically, the recovery of significant compensation is a happy moment for our office and our clients.  It is a moment to celebrate the hard work we put, to remember the hardships and risks endured, and to be grateful for the vindication of an important cause.

We regret that this clients complaint contains significant misunderstandings of the legal process (for example, the legal significance of an arbitrators award and the different items of recovery). Sadly, the complaint also contains numerous factual inaccuracies and falsehoods. (For example, referring to Claudia erroneously as a partner and claiming we charged him/her with fees for a rental car and meals.)We previously provided the client with documentation specifying the costs incurred in this case including receipts.

We are disappointed that this client is attempting to impugn the reputation of Mr. Kim.  Mr. Kim is a graduate of Harvard Law School and has a significant record of public service.  For example, Mr. Kim spent the first two years of his legal career working as a human rights attorney in the impoverished nation of Haiti on behalf of political rape victims and disadvantaged children.  Mr. Kim is also the recipient of the Kaufman Public Service Fellowship, the Henigson Human Rights Fellowship, and a community service award from Harvard Law School.

In the end, we stand by our efforts to be skilled, aggressive, and ethical advocates for our clients.

The Law Offices of Arthur Kim