Complaint Review: Lawn Care Success

• Updated: Sat, April 13, 2013

• Reported By: DamienRufus — Phoenix Arizona
Lawn Care Success
PO Box 4213 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

Lawn Care Success Sean Adams http://lawncaresuccess.com Will Scam You Out Of Your Money, and Try To Send You To Collections! Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: read the fine print

*Author of original report: Just Stating Facts. Again.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It's Working

*Author of original report: Comical.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Good Lesson

*Author of original report: Get out of an Obliagtion? That I Was Forced Into?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Honor Your Obligation

*Author of original report: Show Everyone Proof I Downloaded The Product!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Trying to Avoid Obligations

*Author of original report: A Thief? Really?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Accusations

I recently purchased what I thought was a course from Sean of Lawncaresuccess.com for my father-in-law who owns a lawn care business. I thought I may find some information to get him more customers. What I didn't know is what a nightmare this whole experience would turn into.

I did not notice that it was a monthly charge for this report until AFTER the purchase, at which time I emailed Sean to cancel my order and any future payments, or at worst case, just cancel all future payments. This email was sent within 5 minutes of me purchasing the report.

Sean emailed me and told me that I was locked into a year agreement, which none of his sales materials stated and that I could not cancel. I did not agree to those terms.

I received an email stating that I was being sent to collections over something I rescission (which is 3 days in Pittsburgh). So not only is he not honoring his 100% Money Back Gurantee on his website, he is also in violation of the law.

Take it from me, this guy is just in it to take your money and not here to see the success of your lawn care business. Being in the same industry as this guy (information marketing), and it's crazy to me how unethical his practices are.

If you want to be forced into a continuity program and forced to pay for something that you cancelled, do business with this guy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lawn-Care-Success/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15202/Lawn-Care-Success-Sean-Adams-httplawncaresuccesscom-Will-Scam-You-Out-Of-Your-Money-1042583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lawn Care Success

read the fine print

AUTHOR: natenate - ()

Sean

It says it is a one year contract but you failed to make it cear you have to cancel it 12 months exactly from the date you signed on or it renews. I think the service is geared towards get rich or beginners. Congrats on all your success you stated above, seems like your very very proud of it. Don't play the nice guy, you have a terrible reputation with the people ive spoken to you about.

Just Stating Facts. Again.

AUTHOR: DamienRufus - ()

All I've tried to do from the beginning is state my case. I've stated all facts, and that is all. I've said I will be the bigger person here, and I have. I'm sure you can have your friends jump in and try to save you, and I'm sure they run their businesses the same way you do. I can have my clients do the same. But you're missing the point. The fact remains, this was MY experience.

DO you get that? I'm sure you don't. Maybe I'm not the only one. I'm sharing MY experience with you. Not what anyone else has done. No matter what anyone else says, they cannot and did not experience what I did with doing business with you. Right? No matter what you have done in the past, this experience, is now documented.

Enjoy the publicity, I'm sure it helps you sleep well. Glad I could help. I have not lied about my experience, I have not slandered you in any way. I simply stated the facts of my experience. If this saves one person the grief of working with you, then I'm ok with that. Now, I'm going to go back to doing what I do, and I suggest you do the same.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It's Working

AUTHOR: Lawn Care Success - ()

1.) For the record, here is the definition of "shuckin and jivin", but nice to see you attempt the race card when all else was failing....

Shuckin' and jivin' (or shucking and jiving) is a slang term for the behavior of joking and acting evasively. More generally, the term can also refer to the speech and behavioral mechanisms adopted in the presence of an authoritative figure.[1] Shuckin' and jivin' usually involves clever lies and impromptu storytelling, used to one-up an opponent or avoid punishment. The term is also used in the Southern United States referring to deceit or mischief involving lies

2.) Hard working people in the lawn and landscape industry know who I am, know everything about me, know how I go out of my way to help people, know what I have to offer and know I always deliver. I have already received a few emails from people asking me if I wanted them to jump in and put you in your place. I told them it was not necessary - everyone reading this can see what you are trying to do - and it will NOT work.

3.) Your new updated credit card information will be required today for your subscription or yes, Damien Rufus, your account WILL be placed in collections. I suggest you email me at sean@lawncaresuccess.com or you are welcome to go to http://www.thelawnletter.com and sign up for a new account and I will even credit your account one month.

P.S. - since your social media onslaught was started I have had 5 new subscribers in the last 20 hours... Thanks for the publicity.

Comical.

AUTHOR: DamienRufus - ()

Hey man, bash me all you want.  I was simply stating facts. That's it. Nothing I've said has been untrue. I've stuck with the facts, but you duck and dodge legitimate questions. Over and Over.

Shuck and jive? Kinda racist right? But I'm not surprised you would say that in the least. Let me guess, you've helped countless of black people too. I'm sure that's coming next.

You're right, my personal blog hasn't been updated in awhile, and most of my personal stuff are for friends and family. But that's what happens when you work, for real and not scam people out of twenty bucks.

A guru? Where was that claim made? I help people, real people, who have real problems, stay away from folks like you. Again, false claims by someone who prefers fallacies over facts.

You're right, going back and forth is a waste of time. However, now people, will know and stay away from you. Well worth the money spent.

That's all, now people know the real you, and will choose to stay away.

Let me just close with this question...

Is this really worth me owning the top four spots of most search engines for all your search terms to let people know of the truth?

I think so.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Good Lesson

AUTHOR: Lawn Care Success - ()

I could go back and forth with you Mr. Rufus, but it is a waste of time. You claim to be an internet marketing guru - an educator, entrepreneur and motivator but you have had more jobs in the last 5 years than I can count on two hands. Your blog is a ghost town, you have 60 followers on Facebook, 34 subscribers on Youtube, 112 followers on Twitter and you attempt to make a living by shucking and jiving other people's products. You may want to do a little more research about me and my involvement in the lawn and landscape industry before making incorrect after incorrect after incorrect statements about me. Yes, I have worked with literally, tens of thousands of business owners.

That being said, this is a good lesson for those I work with and those reading this. Treat all prospects and clients the same. Never assume.... Also, always make sure you are compensated for your efforts. Don't let people attempt to shout, cry, complain and threaten you, especially by using social media and the web in general. Do things the right way, offer a good product or service, create policies, stick to them and don't waiver when you come across and have to deal with people trying to steal from you.

You found my site Mr. Rufus, you clicked on the box that stated you agreed to the terms of use, upon signing up you had instant access to thousands of dollars of information and then you acted like you had never made an online transaction before....odd coming from such a savvy internet marketer. I have said it multiple times now - you signed up, you agreed to an obligation. You can honor that obligation or not. If you do you will have continual access to new, helpful advice, examples and information every month. If you do not honor your obligation, you are well aware of the repercussions.

Get out of an Obliagtion? That I Was Forced Into?

AUTHOR: DamienRufus - ()

If trying to cancel a transaction immediately after I realized my mistake, without downloading that product is a crime, then, well I'm a criminal.

Let's not forget that 1.) I paid you for all of the content. That is a fact. Do you dispute receiving funds from me? I can show you the receipts.

2. I did not even ask for a refund of what I had paid you. I simply stated that I made a mistake ordering the yearly fee that I was forced into. That is a fact.

3. I emailed you IMMEDIATELY after noticing my mistake and did not download the materials. That is a fact.

Now, let's talk about your false statements:

"Helped Tens of Thousands?" Was that through your site? Your traffic stats do not reflect that type of website traffic. Anyone can check the stats at alexa.com or quantcast.com to see the amount of traffic you get to your sites. That number is overly inflated. So not a true statement by you.

"that is clearly stated multiple times before being able to make the transaction" That is another false claim. Where in the box where it says "$19" that it is a monthly fee? It doesn't. Feel free to change the page before other people see it, don't worry folks you can always see a cached page in google that will show you what the page looked like before the changes.

If you've helped and had sales from tens of thousands of customers, why would you need or fight over the $20 dollars a month? I've said multiple times, I don't want a refund of what I have paid you. I simply don't want to be charged again.

Listen, this is what I will do for you. I will be a better man and I will pay you the money you say I owe you. It's not that big of deal. And I still won't download your product. It's not worth it. Hopefully people will see what kind of business you run and stay far away from you. Let this be a lesson for all folks who want to deal with a shady internet marketer. We are not all this way, too bad you give us a bad name.

It's my fault for thinking that a $20 product would change my father in laws business. I should have known better. Now I'm glad I didn't waste my time downloading it. If it is anything like the quality that you run your business, I'm sure other people will read this thread and see how you work. Some will applaud you for taking such a strong stand over twenty dollars. However, other folks, you know, the "people like me" will say, nah, it's just not worth it.

And you don't have to chase me around on social media, you have my number. Feel free to call.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Honor Your Obligation

AUTHOR: Lawn Care Success - ()

It's interesting that I have worked with and helped tens of thousands of business owners and professionals in the lawn and landscape industry and have not had any trouble from any of them. But you claim to be an internet marketer and business owner yourself and here you are, trying to get out of an obligation, using the internet to attempt to bring a negative perception to what I have been doing for 15 years. Here is the bottom line:

Attempt to say whatever you want about me. The truth is simple. You signed up for a monthly obligation that is clearly stated multiple times before being able to make the transaction. You claim miraculously that only after you sign up and have access to the information that then, and only then is when you realize you don't want the service.

It doesn't work that way. As I read through this string of rebuttals it is plain to see that you are trying to get something without paying for it. Well, you tried, it didn't work and now, as a business owner I am going to do what needs to be done with people like you. Your account will be turned over to collections, the credit bureaus will be notified and you can deal with the repercussions.

Show Everyone Proof I Downloaded The Product!

AUTHOR: DamienRufus - ()

Show me proof that I downloaded it!!!

Just because I know about something doesn't mean I do it. I've had it happen to me, and THAT'S the reason I know.

All I did was do a quick google search and found your items being shared on the internet. The fact that I didn't download it, AND PAID YOU for it should show how ethical I am.

Fact is, you use old school methods to lock people into force continuity (forced to pay a monthly fee without getting items being sold in advance) is, well, old school and not really an accepted practice.

The fact that you bilk people who are unaware, and are looking for a way to boost their businesses, out of $19 bucks a month is crazy. It really puts into question how your other business has stayed afloat this long.

It's amazing how you continue to try to tear down my credibility, but continually dodge how everything I've said about my transaction with you is true. I did everything on my end to say yes, it was my mistake, I didn't read the terms which weren't clearly posted on the sales page. But as soon as I did, I sent you an email letting you know that I wanted to cancel. I did not, I repeat, DID NOT download your product.

I let you know immediately. And again, did not ask for a refund for my mistake. You can keep the money. I just didn't want to be charged the monthly fee and I did not download what was offered for the monthly fee. It's simple. Keep the money, just don't charge me for what I didn't get. Simple.

Is it really that hard to keep what I've already paid you for something I didn't get?

I'm not bashing you as a person, you're probably a good guy. However, your business ethics are out of control.

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Trying to Avoid Obligations

AUTHOR: Lawn Care Success - ()

The minute you signed up you had access to all of the information. Your claim that you did not download it is NOT true and you know this. The mere fact that you would willingly point out that you know underhanded/illegal means to steal information is proof that you are not very ethical. The information is accessible. All you have to do is honor your obligation that you agreed to upon signing up which is clearly stated on the site, the order form and in the terms of use. If you want to continue your subscription and honor what you agreed to, not a problem. But posting on websites attempting to ruin a reputation that has taken me almost 15 years to build isn't going to work.

A Thief? Really?

AUTHOR: DamienRufus - ()

"It's unfortunate that there are still people out there like this who are willing to knowingly and intentionally try to steal from small business owners, but this guy is one of those people."

Really? I emailed you immediately letting you know that I misunderstood the terms and did not see them (they are hidden behind a link instead of posted on the actual sales page). Yes, what was my mistake.

But a true business owner would take that into consideration and not try to bilk other small business owners and threaten their credit. I did not even download the product. So what did I steal from you?

If I really wanted to steal from you, I could have done a search on any blackhat forum and found your course for free. But instead, being an infomarketer myself, I choose to go to your site and pay you for your information. Which in the end I did not even get. I didn't even ask for a refund, I simply asked you not to charge me for the items over a year that I did not download. And I'm a thief for asking you not to charge me?

How unreasonable is that? Would you still charge a client of a lawn you didn't mow? Based on your business practices, that is probably the case.

Listen, nothing that I have said has been untrue. I've documented this situation as it has happened. To call me a thief, well, that's on the verge of defamation my friend.

All I asked was for you to not charge me for things I didn't access. And I get called a thief.

Who else wants to do business with this guy?

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Accusations

AUTHOR: Lawn Care Success - ()

I have been in the lawn and landscape industry since 1989. More specifically I have been helping lawn and landscape business owners start and grow their businesses since 1999. I am also the former owner of the largest site in the lawn and landscape industry. In 14+ years of working online, it is rare that someone misunderstands simple rules and directions like this person has. When signing up for The Lawn Letter at http://www.thelawnletter.com it clearly states that it is a $19 a month charge with a one year obligation. It states this on the site in plain English. More importantly, before someone can proceed with their purchase, they must agree to the terms of use which CLEARLY states once again that it is a monthly charge and a one year obligation. The primary reason it is a one year obligation is because upon signing up, the subscriber has immediate access to literally thousands of dollars of information, advice, examples, templates, calculators and more. This subscriber (Damien Rufus) is actually attempting to get thousands of dollars of information without paying for it. There is NOT a 100% money back guarantee on The Lawn Letter - it is a one year subscription. After his credit card was declined, he was notified and asked to provide a new card - no response. After several attempts to get Damien Rufus to honor his obligation he was informed his account would be turned over to collections. In return his threat was that he would sue me and ruin my reputation. It's unfortunate that there are still people out there like this who are willing to knowingly and intentionally try to steal from small business owners, but this guy is one of those people.