barely

• Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: Alan — Plano Texas
Lawnborne Landscaping
Dallas, Texas USA

Lawnborne Landscaping - Cut and Run Ordered sod to get rid of weeds. Didn't remove weeds. Now they're coming back. They say it's my problem. Dallas Texas

I can't imagine a more miserable experience... I feel a certain duty to make sure nobody else gets suckered in. We had 150 square yards of sod installed because of an ongoing weed problem.

I asked Julian Torres of Lawnborne Landscaping if I should kill the dallisgrass weeds in my yard before he started. For those that aren't aware, dallisgrass is a VERY invasive weed. It's extremely hearty, weed killers don't work on it (without killing the rest of the grass), it multiplies easily, and it's a perennial so pre-emergents don't work on it.

Despite my concerns, he dismissed my concerns and that said the new sod would choke it out. Well he finished the job and took my $925. Three days later, the SAME weeds came back through and he won't answer his phone. Again, these are invasive weeds that I replaced with grass precisely because they are difficult to get rid of and he never got rid of them.

I've been trying to reach him for 2 weeks now. He hasn't yet answered his phone. I had a lawyer send him an email requesting that he contact me. He wrote to the lawyer that it wasn't his problem and has yet to reach back to me other than to send me a text message saying he will fix the problem for an additional fee.

People make mistakes, but you've got to own up to them. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lawnborne-Landscaping/Dallas-Texas/Lawnborne-Landscaping-Cut-and-Run-Ordered-sod-to-get-rid-of-weeds-Didnt-remove-weeds-1079282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lawnborne Landscaping