Complaint Review: Lawrence County Corrections

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: unknown — New Castle Pennsylvania USA
Lawrence County Corrections
111 S Milton St New Castle, Pennsylvania United States of America

Lawrence County Corrections Lawrence County Jail Their jail guards some of them beat you up for no reason in bathroom upstairs in booking New Castle, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: I forgot to mention the medical people

*General Comment: The Best Thing You can Do is File Complaints... And Possibly Sue.

I was wrongfully put into the this place for almost 1 year. I should of been placed in mental hospital. I'm not going into depth regarding me or my story but I was mentally ill and overdosed by doctors on many different medications and they never kept a check on lithium blood levels or other medicine levels. So I got into serious charges over this and I was placed on a 5th floor in a nut ward for a week then off to this Lawrence County Jail.

I was put through hell in the booking dept up there where they kept me for almost 2 months. I got beat in the bathroom. On several occasions. They harrass you over the intercom system its the afternoon shift and overnight shift mostly at that time in 2011.

There are others who went through other forms of stuff that should NEVER be going on in a jail. This is a jail not a state prison.

They mess with people who are messed up mentally or who are on drugs and the like and it needs to be stopped. I need to say no more about it. My lawyer knows about it and he defends them guards and gets them out of trouble. I witnessed an incident downstairs where this guard used this one inmate to use his head to open the door. The guard punched him first. Then 10-15 goons came down and the one who beat me slammed his head off a metal table they gave in the hole section of this place. People stay out of trouble you don't wanna go here expecially if you got mental issues your in for it....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lawrence-County-Corrections/New-Castle-Pennsylvania-16101/Lawrence-County-Corrections-Lawrence-County-Jail-Their-jail-guards-some-of-them-beat-you-997553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lawrence County Corrections

I forgot to mention the medical people

AUTHOR: unknown - (USA)

The medical people of this place are not too good. They is no mental health care available. They refused me medicine that I needed when I was there that I requested for my mental problems but they refused. My lawyer knew all this and the doctor whose fault mostly it was that it all happened when I was arrested and put in here. The District Attorney nor the police wanted to press the serious charges but wanted to get something done and they tried a mental hospital but my origional Dr and the doctor that was in charge of primary medical in this place refused to honor my attorney's request and the District attorney's agreement with my lawyer so they worked out a plea and I got probation for the least possible charge of simple assault with the court having power over my medical care once released but this place while I was there was not the place for me to be nor any other mentally ill person. There was already a lawsuit against this jail. The link is below:

#2 General Comment

The Best Thing You can Do is File Complaints... And Possibly Sue.

AUTHOR: P.P. - (United States of America)

Sounds like you have grounds to possibly file a lawsuit. However, first start filing online complaints. Also, call the state agency where you live that monitors prisons and jails and file a complaint with them too. Not sure who it is but just google to find it.