Complaint Review: Lazy Boy Furniture

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer Justice — Arroyo Grande California
Lazy Boy Furniture
Gunree, Illinois USA

Lazy Boy Furniture Did not comply with their warranty and service agreement quoted by phone representatives Gurnee Illinois

My 78 year old disabled aunt has had a problem with her chair.  She received a run a round from the Lazy Boy representatives from the day she reported her chair broken.  Parts were ordered incorrectly and had to be reordered.  Although I was promised the policy for Lazy Boy was a service call within 48 hours of receiving the parts she paid for, she still has not recieved a service call weeks after.   I tried to call and resolve this issue for her as it had become so distressful for her, I too was frustrated and angry with the incompetent and uncaring service I recieved. Every answer seemed to be an excuse and of no help to my poor Aunt.  If they have so many repairs on their product that they cannot keep up with the demand for repairs it seems to say quite a bit about the quality of their product.  I myself will never buy a Lazy Boy product.  They seem to be relying on their reputation from long ago, but it no longer cuts the mustard.  I can say that I have dealt with many manufacturers in the last 20 years but this is absolutley shocking how horrible the customer service is regarding this company.  Every representative I spoke with had a different representation of what their policies are, again not my poor Aunts fault.  The uncaring and unemotional "I'm sorry" is rehearsed and they continue with calloused and predictable responses.  I might as well have been talking to a machine.  If your are looking to buy furniture and expect it to last or at least be serviced, Lazy Boy is not your best choice.  If you do decide to buy a Lazy Boy get EVERYTHING in writing as far as serivce, or they will leave you high and dry without a blink.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lazy-Boy-Furniture/Gunree-Illinois-60031/Lazy-Boy-Furniture-Did-not-comply-with-their-warranty-and-service-agreement-quoted-by-pho-1065594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lazy Boy Furniture