offering

• Updated: Sat, July 19, 2014

• Reported By: Avoida — Arlington Texas
Le Dermanique
Internet USA

Le Dermanique Lumera La Dermanique A free bottle of cream turned into a hidden 14 day trial period with monthly subscription fees Greenville South Carolina Greenville, South Carolina Montana

I also ordered the trial for Le Demanique and Lumera from Facebook and did not see the auto shipment detail in the order. My bank notified me, thinking the order was fraud.  The trial is for 2 weeks from the date ordered so I tried to cancel the auto ship right away. I tried for days to reach them by phone but each time would be placed on hold for long periods of time.  After 8 days of trying without ever speaking to a person I emailed both companies stating I wanted to cancel the auto ship.

At 14 days my credit card was charged for the auto shipments, $97 for Dermanique and $68 for Lumera. Again I tried to reach them by  phone with no luck so I emailed both companies again without  a reply. I saw the previous post about Le Dermanique and Lumera on this webiste so I wrote a letter to the Attorney General of South Carolina and to the Better Business Bureau of Greenville, SC outlining the situation. I then wrote letters to Le Dermanique and Lumera demanding my credit card be credited and that auto shipments stop; I included copies of my emails to them both and copies of the letters to the Attorney General and the BBB,

Three days later I got a phone call from a Supervisor of the companies informing me that I would be credited for all  charges and the auto shipments would stop. She stated that since I had included emails sent during the 14 day trial period I did qualify for the cancellation and reimbursement. She advised they had not reviewed my emails in a timely manner because they were 'short-handed.'  She said it might take up to 3 business days for the credits to appear on my account. She failed to mention anything about the BBB or the Attorney General.

Its a shame that consumers have to be so wary of ordering online. I always take care to avoid offers with auto shipments because they tend to be hard to get out of. The product in question, the face and eye serum, tended to dry my skin so I wouldnt have ever reordered it in the first place.

Good luck to anyone else who got tricked by this company.  You might try writing to the Attorney General for SC and the BBB for assistance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2014 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Le-Dermanique-/internet/Le-Dermanique-Lumera-La-Dermanique-A-free-bottle-of-cream-turned-into-a-hidden-14-day-tr-1163335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Le Dermanique