Complaint Review: Le Rendez-Vous

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Maggie — Palm Coast Florida
Le Rendez-Vous
101 Palm Harbor Pkwy Palm Coast, Florida USA

Le Rendez-Vous Total RipOFF, Owner rips customers off, awful service, dirty restaurant Palm Coast Florida

5/30/2013

We ate here tonight, excited to try a French restaurant while on vacation.  We were very disappointed.  For the first course, we ordered escargot, which was served in butter, but without the shells.  The snails had a good texture, but they were very bland. Could have benefited from some lemon or sun-dried tomatoes, needed some acidity to balance the flavors.  For dinner, I had the "ribeye on a skillet" and my husband had the shrimp and scallops.  I ordered mashed potatoes as my side and he had pasta.  No joke, the meal came out less than ten minutes after we ordered it.  I ordered my steak medium, and it was cooked medium, and came with a mushroom "sauce".  Steak came out on a plate with watery, flavorless mashed potatoes, and ratatouille. [continued below]....

.....  The steak had NO FLAVOR.  With a ribeye steak, I expect a lot of flavor - it's a steak lovers steak - but this one did not deliver.  The sauce was very thin.  And how do you mess up mashed potatoes....seriously.  The ratatouille was good though, I will give them that.  My husband's scallops were underdone, while the shrimp were overdone, and they served this with store-bought egg noodles. on a plate. with too little sauce.  Should have been served in a bowl with linguine with more sauce and maybe a garnish of lemon.  The egg noodles were sliding all over the place.  We gave them another chance with dessert.  Nutella crepes and an espresso with baileys.  Surely a French restaurant has a good crepe.  Not so.  The crepes came out smothered in ice cream, store-bought canned whipped cream and hersheys syrup.  They were hard, when they should be soft like a pancake - I couldn't cut them with my knife!  The espresso came out with canned whipped cream all over the top as well.  I read the previous review, and it seems like the wait staff was a little more attentive to us, but I did have to request refills on my drink.  They must have read the review, because they served a sliced baguette for bread service.  But it wasn't great - was like they picked up a baguette from Publix that morning, sliced it unevenly and threw it in the oven to warm it up.  Nothing to write home about.

Had dinner service was great! The owner needs to stay home if he continues to treat his employees badly. We could all hear him screaming in the kitchen than he came out front and started yelling at his servers for no reason as we could see. I will change my stars if the own owner learns to be professional as noted below by another guest.

I have to agree with James on the bread...... Not great. But the thing that upset me was the owner yelling and screaming at his staff, its not there fault Restaurant owner it is your fault! Suck it up and be a Professional and learn how to treat people.

• Seriously Le-Rendezvous.......can you make it anymore obvious that last person from the U.K. (B.S.) actually came into your restaurant......B.S.! Your servers don't even know the menu or what kind of Beers you have on Tap lol!!!!!

Just because you put GRAVY on everything does not make it French or GOOD for the matter.

Your Restaurant is dirty, face it, your dishes are dirty, my wifes wine had LIPSTICK on it!!!!! Served by the doofus with glasses behind the bar that knows absolutely nothing....Yes nothing, everything that comes out of his mouth is pure B.S.!

tHE OWNER DID COME BY OUR TABLE TO TALK to someone and WOW, your dirty too.....try some head and shoulders for crying out loud! I hope you didn'd touch our food!!!!!  oh, and the so called ChEFS BAHHAAA PLEASE! One of them had no TEETH and dirty finger nails and was listening to music from his ipod.  Very Professional, NOT! Your servers do nothing as well, my drink was never refilled, I had to ask 5 times and if it was bothering them to do it.... Better service at Cracker Barrel!

• Review fromMR. J.

1.0 star rating
     6/6/2013

****the vote is in! #1 worst restaurant in palm coast****

****worst service****worst food****

• Review fromJames W.

2.0 star rating
     4/11/2013 First to Review

This is the second week of operation. The food was very good. In addition to a very large dining room (this is the former Royale restaurant), there are outdoor tables and an outdoor bar. The restaurant is located in European village along with other restaurants and shops. I started with a very good deal of six raw oysters on the half-shell including a glass of white wine for $10. The oysters were fresh and plump, but were served in a fashion I had never before seen: both shells in place. You lift the top shell off and there is your prize. It caused no problem as the shells had been well scrubbed. The beef Stroganoff was tender, tasty and had a predominant beef flavor not overpowered by the sour cream. Sauteed sea scallops and shrimp were fresh and flavorful. Braised lamb shank was also good. Everyone enjoyed the peach melba and cheese platter. SO WHY THE TWO STAR RATING? The service and the bread. The best way I can describe the service is to recreate what must have happened: the restaurant was ready to open and the owner smacked the side of his head and said, "Damn, I forgot to hire a wait-staff." So he went outside and grabbed the next four teenagers who walked by, gave them a red bow tie, and sent them to work. They had no idea what was on the menu or how it was made. They thought oysters and mussels were the same thing. Forgot about the wine even though the restaurant was not busy. They were nice kids and polite and the owner is totally at fault for giving them no training. And the bread. You won't believe this but I swear it is true. Unfolding the napkin in the bread basket, we found a single slice of whole wheat toast cut into quarters. That's it for the table of four. There was no other bread, at any price. I hope they can shape up.

Was this review …?

• Edna V.

Miami, FL

2.0 star ratingPhoto of Edna V.
 4/24/2013

This restaurant has potential but......

The owner yelling & Sc

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Le-Rendez-Vous/Palm-Coast-Florida-32137/Le-Rendez-Vous-Total-RipOFF-Owner-rips-customers-off-awful-service-dirty-restaurant-P-1057962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Le Rendez-Vous