Complaint Review: Lead Resources of America

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Remy — United States of America
Lead Resources of America
3276 Rosecrans Street, Suite 204 San Diego, California United States of America

Lead Resources of America Scammed, Harassed, and Taken Advantage of by Lead Resources of America San Diego, California

I wanted to start going to school again and earn my Associates, so I got into a contract for what I thought was a legit school at the time, Armed Forces Academics. However, after I had signed the contract I did more research on the school and decided to opt out. The contract allowed me a space of time in which I could cancel my contract if I pleased, and so I did, within the time allotted. I emailed and called them, as well as hand-delivered a cancellation letter. I was told it'd be taken care of.

Yet a year later I began receiving nonstop phone calls and emails regarding my "past due account" from a company called Lead Resources of America. They have taken my account to collection, which has negatively affected my credit. They have threatened to take further legal action if I don't resolve this so-called "past due account" and have also tried contacting my work. When I forwarded emails I had sent before, expressing my wish to cancel the contract, they accused me of altering these emails. I don't know what to do or even how to begin going about solving this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also I know this company, Lead Resources of America, has been attempting to scam other people as well. There is even a Facebook page pertaining to their scamming attempts. Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lead-Resources-of-America-Inc-Scams/144369312301910

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lead-Resources-of-America/San-Diego-California-92110/Lead-Resources-of-America-Scammed-Harassed-and-Taken-Advantage-of-by-Lead-Resources-of-774916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lead Resources of America