Complaint Review: Leading Edge Recovery Solutions, LLC

• Updated: Fri, April 01, 2011

• Reported By: Eric — Washington United States of America
Leading Edge Recovery Solutions, LLC
5440 N Cumberland Ave. Suite 300 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Leading Edge Recovery Solutions, LLC Rude company trying to collect a debt past the statute of limitations Chicago, Illinois

We were contacted by Leading Edge Recovery today and when were told we owe a debt to a company.  We we found out what company it was from we rememered it was from a debt that is past the states statutes of limitation.
We asked the collector if he could send us proof the debt with dates of any payments made and he said he will not send any debt and kept asking if we accept that the debt is ours.  We said no everytime.
Since they are unwilling to send us proof of the debt and it is past the statutes of limitation for the state we will not be paying this debt especially after reading all the ripoffreports about this company.
We sent them a "drop dead letter" that we got from Clark Howards website.  I copy and pasted it below.
I also copy and pasted a site that lists the Statutes of Limitation in the hopes it will assist someone else.

(Date)

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been contacted by your company about a debt you allege I owe. I am instructing you not to contact me further in connection with this debt. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a federal law, you may not contact me further once I have notified you not to do so.

Sincerely,

(Name)

(Account No.)

(((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2011 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leading-Edge-Recovery-Solutions-LLC/Chicago-Illinois-60656-1490/Leading-Edge-Recovery-Solutions-LLC-Rude-company-trying-to-collect-a-debt-past-the-statu-712775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leading Edge Recovery Solutions, LLC