• Report: #471990

• Submitted: Tue, July 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Bartow Florida
Leading Edge Recovery Solutions
5440 N Cumberland Ave Ste 300 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Leading Edge Recovery Solutions Violating my FCA rights for high credit pools and validation to the pool.W Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Refer to the Fair Debt Collection Act

When I started the process on checking my credit to purchase a house back in around Oct 2008 I found an hard pull inquiry from an company that I did not know nor authorized by my knowledge of giving permission to do so. After several attempts of trying contact this company. I sent a certified letter for validation of the inquiry to the address listed on my report. Which the letter came back and said undeliverable.

Once I gotten my letter back I did a search on this company as well as to see if they are rip offs. I found the correct address and mailed the letter again certified on 12/8/08. Now this is the part that pissed me off. When I got the return delivery slip from the USPS I also got a letter from the company (which was a generic one) stating that they had the right to pull my credit. No proof as I requested to show me that I did authorized it. Nor did they provide info of who whas the creditor. When I request another credit report I didnt see it. Til back in MAy of 09 with another credit report from my realitor shows that they were on my report with a hard pull again.
This time I contacted the BBB in IL on 6/3/08, FTC, the attorney general and who else I could. With the BBB they waited til the last min 6/23/08 to send a reply to them after 2 request from the bbb. The response was basically a gerenic too. Stating that they have done no wrong doings. That they inquirer upon my credit to assist in collection an outstanding debt and that my premission isnt necessary. Which was the kicker that me the consumer should take this as an official advisement to cease and desist making false statements about LERS.

I rebuttal 6/23/08 that in regards to the 9th circuit court of Appeals under case of Pintos v Pacific Creditors Association in Jan 2007. Under the FACTA newest revision of the FCRA that a collector may only pulla credit report in connection with a credit transaction. I did not request credit nor gave them premission to do so. If I authorized it with any company that I owed then that is on me.

The last response was on 7/15/09 stated that I owe GE Money Bank/ Chevron/ Texaco. I have nbever done business with them and nor do I owe those companies. And once again in the reply to the BBB that I need to cease making false statements about LERS and their practices. I do not feel that I am making false statements as well as they are on my credit report. If I am requestion proof then that is my right as a consumer to get the proof to make sure that they arent trying to screw me for not checking or knowing.

Rell m
Bartow, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2009 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leading-Edge-Recovery-Solutions/Chicago-Illinois-60656-1486/Leading-Edge-Recovery-Solutions-Violating-my-FCA-rights-for-high-credit-pools-and-validati-471990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leading Edge Recovery Solutions

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Refer to the Fair Debt Collection Act

AUTHOR: ReactorCore - (Canada)

The U.S. has what's known as the Fair Debt Collection Act (FDCA), as you obviously know. Part of that act, if I recall, deals with errors on the part of the collector in which they MUST remove any false or erroneous information on your credit report.

There are numerous online resources to assist you in making the creditor or credit agency responsible for a false entry on your credit report adjust or nullify the false information and in a lot of cases, with step by step instructions, all at no cost to you. be sure not to get roped into *another* rip off that promises a miracle fix for credit, btw... :D

I also recommend heading over to YouTube and search for a channel called "War on Debt", they also have great tips and strategies for getting this kind of screw up sorted out. I'd link you, but I don't think it's allowed....

On a personal level, if this were me, now that I know the source of the alleged negative credit (major petroleum company), I'd start with them to see where this stemmed from. It's pretty obvious that you're dealing with a bunch of hard noses who don't care if they're right or wrong because they're holding your credit hostage and feel invunerable to any kind of retribution. As for the "false claims", you seem to know a bit about the FDCA, so make it your best pal... as long as you're secure that what you're saying is the total and absolute truth *to the best of your knowledge*, the credit reporting company can't do jack... They're just so used to intimidating people that they seem to have forgotten that there's a limit to what they can do and to whom they can do it.

Good luck!